X1/9 History - French Website

Interesting. A lot of story. I didn't knew the body kit available as an option on the late Bertone was also sold in Europe under the name "Sport pack". I you need help for translation on any part, let me know...

BTW. I will search for more pics of the Dardo dash. I kind of like the part in front of the driver but the other side ???

About the Dardo, you may want to check
But I ill not translate... ;)

I looked at 4 Dardo's website and all had different dash arrangement! Here is the last one I saw: BTW, it's for sale...

1613692243645.png

Interesting. A lot of story. I didn't knew the body kit available as an option on the late Bertone was also sold in Europe under the name "Sport pack". I you need help for translation on any part, let me know...

BTW. I will search for more pics of the Dardo dash. I kind of like the part in front of the driver but the other side ???

About the Dardo, you may want to check
But I ill not translate... ;)
In Germany, I have never seen one with a Corsa Kit.
Even at an X1/9 meet with 300 cars.
So it may have only been available on paper.

Sport Pack just a reference similar to aero kit in this advertisement all the way at the bottom..fine print..
mostly a USA dealer add-on option.

SOCAR brochure.

corsa.jpg
ca2.jpg
corsa1.jpg

DSC00681.JPG

That was a fun read; thanks for sharing! The Dardo is such a puzzle to me--so much work just to turn out essentially the same car. Was it motivated by weight savings (fiberglass vs. steel)? The extra rear trunk space?

EDIT: I did not know Brazil banned auto imports in 1974! Interesting. That explains things. I also noticed a couple of styling cues I actually really like.

Most dramatically, the designer eliminated one of the side creases. So instead of a channel running the length of the body, you have a more traditional single crease at the beltline.

The bumper strip is also a nice touch, a la @Bobkat's build. And I like the black rocker panel, which I've seen on a few cars here.

1613923766093.png

Apparently the interiors varied, but this one looks great--reminiscent of the Ferrari 308 or @homegrown32's custom build.

1613923749860.png

At any rate, I was also left wondering: what's the orange car next to the Dardo below?
1613923140628.png

Last edited:
Interesting. It has styling cues from a few cars. A little 250 GTO, aircraft style doors, a little bit Puma GT, a little bit Bianco (but it's not.) I can't figure it out.

BUT. Some of those Dardos got a little freaky with a Porsche 928 at some point.
C7A92F96-7CC8-4B31-95A6-B5A6A76B9882.jpeg

Back