X1/9 T-Shirt Design

AKimball92

True Classic
I am severely lacking in "cool" T-Shirts for summer fun. Would anyone be interested in purchasing a X1/9 T-Shirt printed on some active/summer moisture wicking material? That way it also wouldn't show sweat as we drive it about.

I was thinking something along the lines of the silhouette design of the X1/9 with script below. I have seen it floating about this forum but cannot seem to locate it, possible as a window sticker or something.

The design looks something like this:
https://www.cafepress.com/mf/14741841/fiat-x19_tshirt?productId=88646584

Does anyone have other ideas? Poke fun of our car in any way (not a MC cylinder change again with feet above the targa, winking pop up headlight (miata T-shirt design), or ideas such as the Prancing Jackass fender badge that someone has on here? IcsUnoNove? Something to do with our Lampredi engine?

I am still looking for websites that offer quality T-Shirts vs the simple Haynes material.
https://www.customink.com/products/...e-performance-shirts/434/styles?colors[]=gray

You can save, crop and print that picture on iron on paper. Also the dollar store sometimes have different color, high quality t-shirts. That way if it dosent work it wouldn't cost much. JS

I am severely lacking in "cool" T-Shirts for summer fun. Would anyone be interested in purchasing a X1/9 T-Shirt printed on some active/summer moisture wicking material? That way it also wouldn't show sweat as we drive it about.

I was thinking something along the lines of the silhouette design of the X1/9 with script below. I have seen it floating about this forum but cannot seem to locate it, possible as a window sticker or something.

Does anyone have other ideas? Poke fun of our car in any way (not a MC cylinder change again with feet above the targa, winking pop up headlight (miata T-shirt design), or ideas such as the Prancing Jackass fender badge that someone has on here? IcsUnoNove? Something to do with our Lampredi engine?

I am still looking for websites that offer quality T-Shirts vs the simple Haynes material.
https://www.customink.com/products/categories/short-sleeve-performance-shirts/434/styles?colors[]=gray

I think a cutaway diagram of the X 1/9 with specs listed, with "Fiat X 1/9" in block font above would look pretty trick. Or a schematic/engineering drawing of the X 1/9, would also looks great.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a X1/9 T-Shirt printed on some active/summer moisture wicking material?
I'd love to see something like this AK. There have been a couple in the past. I believe Henk offers/offered some? And Jim or somebody showed the one from eBay(?) with the 'evolution' man. Don't recall which others.
There are local shops that do this stuff also. Take them your image or even just an idea and they can transform it and print it on all manor of stuff.

Ha, I just went to Google Image and entered "Fiat X1/9 t shirt". Holly cow, there is a lot more than I realized. Take a look.

I think a cutaway diagram of the X 1/9 with specs listed, with "Fiat X 1/9" in block font above would look pretty trick. Or a schematic/engineering drawing of the X 1/9, would also looks great.
Maybe something along the lines of these images (modified accordingly):
fiat-x19-diagram.gif

fiat_x1-9_abarth_prototipo_73.jpg

ABA%202521%20poster.jpg

fili32.jpg

Here are a couple I saw on Google Image:

60365fc54b17aac5dce00748d2383e9c.jpg download.jpg fiat-bertone-t-shirt-fiat-x1-9-motorsport.jpg HTB1_GHraLLsK1Rjy0Fbq6xSEXXaK.jpg ra,classic_tee,x2000,026541_3d4e1a7dce,front-c,325,112,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg s-l300.jpg

artworkillustration-of-five-italian-built-mid-engine-sports-cars-produced-between-19721982-incl-abarth-x19-prototipo-dallara-icsunonove-wsc-grou.jpg

I'd love to see something like this AK. There have been a couple in the past. I believe Henk offers/offered some? And Jim or somebody showed the one from eBay(?) with the 'evolution' man. Don't recall which others.
There are local shops that do this stuff also. Take them your image or even just an idea and they can transform it and print it on all manor of stuff.

Ha, I just went to Google Image and entered "Fiat X1/9 t shirt". Holly cow, there is a lot more than I realized. Take a look.

Maybe something along the lines of these images (modified accordingly):
View attachment 24696

View attachment 24697

View attachment 24698

View attachment 24699

That is what I'm talking about!

I'd buy such a shirt, if someone made it.

All the X 1/9 shirts I have seen are not very celebratory, not very detailed.

Those designs would change that for me.

I have scrolled through google a lot trying to find one. The issue is I really like the active gear material. Basically outside of work, I only wear like 4 T-Shirts becuase they are all from a particular road race using nice Saucony material. They breath so much better and dont show sweat. Riding in the X on vinyl seats in the summer I would rather not walk around the C&C with a sweaty back.

Yes thats the exact image i was going for. I have always liked that design. I was thinking something along those lines with a charcoal gray shirt and make it feint with a black print, or go bold like our cars and print in lime green (to match my car). I wonder if its a single color a printing shop would allow you to order a small quantity of multiple colors.

The Italian flag one posted by Doc Jeff is pretty cool. I will search for that one. If anything it would be good enough. I would rather not do white though as it will never stay white. Between working on cars (always) and pit stains they never present well.

Another option that would be cool would be a design of the X1/9 testing on the rooftop of the factory. Or some sort of aerial view of the factory. Only those that know will know.

Use key lines from this pic, insert racing streamlined X1/9, cover most of the chest or wrap part way around the torso and this could be pretty unique.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikael_danielyan/2311831618

Last edited:

Something like the image at the top of this page? I have a late 80's X1/9 brochure with this image on the front, and I once scanned it and had it printed on a t-shirt. I'll check if I still have the file once I get home.

Many years ago, I made a quick sketch based of the original X silhouette sketch. Apparently we were discussing graphics for Xweb or maybe t-shirts. There are a few designs in the same directory on my PC.
red X19 shadow copy.gif Xwebforums2.gif tony_detroit_87_x_blue.jpg

I do have an Xweb t-shirt somewhere based on the Xweb V2 background graphic. Perhaps it was KevinB that spearheaded that round of shirts on Cafepress? It was a member.
xana t shirt.gif

AK, I realize this isn't what you are looking for but you may find some helpful info:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-T-s...533332?hash=item441932c354:g:CHYAAOSwOy1apnva

Interesting. the seller made a modular design out of it. Curious what the end results look like. I have never followed through with a customizable order via eBay. It just doesnt seem like the site is set up for that well.

Also an interesting design could be the "X1/9" B pillar sticker down the side of the torso.

Resurrecting an old thread. I recently purchased a drawing pad for my computer and pieced this together. What are your alls' thoughts? The X1/9 came out really well IMO. The only part I might adjust is the upper edge of the front grill, less U more rectangle. Also, I can always remove the lady or turn it a more subtle color but this closely matched her dress. My intention was going "if you know you know" but she ended up more obvious, less minimalistic. I also might change up her waistline area as something seems off. Tshirt_1_20210703.png

Back