X1/9s Next to Other Vehicles

JNewm

True Classic
I dunno if this will go anywhere, but I thought it might be fun to start a thread of photos of X1/9s (or miscellaneous Fiats/Lancias!) next to other vehicles. I get a kick out of seeing our tiny little go-karts relative to other cars/trucks/etc.

I'll kick things off. It was raining today, so I had to get my kicks driving around the parking garage. But that allowed the chance for some fun side-by-sides.

1612668847311.png

1612669187052.png

1612668899012.png

So much smaller than the Maserati! And shorter (length) than the BMW. But I'll admit that the Lambo puts it to shame... Significantly lower and a whole lot meaner.

Attachments

• fiat maserati.jpg
    fiat maserati.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 77
I dunno if this will go anywhere, but I thought it might be fun to start a thread of photos of X1/9s (or miscellaneous Fiats/Lancias!) next to other vehicles. I get a kick out of seeing our tiny little go-karts relative to other cars/trucks/etc.

I'll kick things off. It was raining today, so I had to get my kicks driving around the parking garage. But that allowed the chance for some fun side-by-sides.

View attachment 42397
View attachment 42399
View attachment 42398

So much smaller than the Maserati! And shorter (length) than the BMW. But I'll admit that the Lambo puts it to shame... Significantly lower and a whole lot meaner.
Are you parked in a NBA player facility garage? lol

An original Miata is about the same exact size as an X.

It is amazing how big modern cars in general are. American cars back when the X was new were indeed large but today a Civic or an Accord is freaking huge compared to an X.

It is amazing how big modern cars in general are. American cars back when the X was new were indeed large but today a Civic or an Accord is freaking huge compared to an X.

Right. That pic above is me sitting next to a silver Mazda3. Insane.

View attachment 42397
View attachment 42399
View attachment 42398

I'm with @tvmaster, that's quite a collection in your complex's parking structure. ;)

Those pics next to pickup trucks makes me think of the current trend at recent SEMA shows, with the gigantic lifted ones with humongous wheels/tires...
2432028-bigthumbnail.jpg

I can't remember who it was, but one member recently showed a pic of his bright green X next to one of those giant earth moving trucks. The X could fit UNDER it. Hopefully someone can bring that pic back up.

Will the X drive under a big rig? I'm game to try if I ever finish any of mine.

Just comparing two Accords from then to now shows how giant these things are getting. Is it because of hiding all the airbags, or have people just become all Wally-like?

It is interesting how automakers have constantly evolved most of their models to get bigger and bigger every couple of years. I think it is mostly marketing; buy the new model because it is bigger, and we all know bigger is better. :rolleyes: But that is American mentality. Look at the size of cars pretty much anywhere else in the world, by comparison MUCH smaller than ours on the whole. We seldom even see the smaller models from foreign automakers because they won't sell here. Every time I travel I see lots of amazing small cars I wish we could get.

It is interesting how automakers have constantly evolved most of their models to get bigger and bigger every couple of years. I think it is mostly marketing; buy the new model because it is bigger, and we all know bigger is better. :rolleyes: But that is American mentality. Look at the size of cars pretty much anywhere else in the world, by comparison MUCH smaller than ours on the whole. We seldom even see the smaller models from foreign automakers because they won't sell here. Every time I travel I see lots of amazing small cars I wish we could get.
The maddening part is that we can rarely import them. I know we’re ’told’ by the transport-types that those foreign cars don’t meet ‘safety’ standards, but how much of it is really protectionism? The 500 Abarth is great example of these sometimes ridiculous rules - there are so many different versions of the modern version in Europe, but we can’t get them licensed here. grrrr.
I think that was one of the reasons we bought the X - would we ever get a chance to legally own one again...

Back