Xweb 10th Anniversary, Olympia WA: Apr 19 2009

GOOD BYE and GOOD LUCK to Mac!!!

Wish I could be there this weekend... Sure will be thinking of you and Rose... My sincerest best to the both of you with your upcoming move and all your future plans!

The turnout is actually looking good, you guys are restoring my faith in Xers.

I just got an email from a writer for Cardomain.com and some other sites who is planning on attending , and in his GT4. How cool is that?

I might have to get more burgers and stuff. Anyone coming feel free to bring a side dish or something to share, just in case! Thanks!

And the forcast if for sunny clear (mostly) skies, highs in the *gulp* 70's! :sun:

Let's be sure to give Mac a good sendoff (so to speak, he'll never really leave). :grouphug:

slight delay

What did I say before? lol!

Slight delay, but heading out in a few, prob be in Oly round 1-1:30ish? :eek:

See ya then :)

X-CELLENT day out in sun with fun and friends

WOW wow wow wow guys! :grouphug:

I just got back to Seattle, dropped Rose safely on top of her little hill, beat feet home to Georgetown, exhausted and still gotta work in the morning (I only retired OH excuse me I mean "semi"retired ;) from one gig, I still have to hold that 'real' job down til I win that lotto) but I had to check in and say WOW - thank you ladies and gents - you all are the best bunch of friends an Xhead could ever hope to have in a lifetime! :clap: :cool:

It was a humble yet awesome gig, small but potent, as is SeaX tradition, a handful of Xs (4? the very first gig ever had 3 so I figure we're money ahead ;)), the Beta Zagato, a few random 'commuting appliances' (Johns former MM 300Z, my Civic etc, Lezesig's erstwhile ufo) lets see also, dark blue Spider, Val D's awesome former "West Seattle Eric" gloss black Scorpion, and one of the only Lada Nivas I've ever seen in my life in person, what else, feel like I'm forgetting -- oh yeah Cardomain Sam's "1 of 1" med blue met Ferrari 328 GTS :D very nice!

I will have to do a bigger more thorough writeup later, or maybe some of you other crazies who attended can chime in and flesh it out (I forgot my camera but saw several of you piccing around), since I have to turn in pretty quick here I can't give it the full chronicling it truly deserves, but man, it was a laid back old school style SeaX gig in classic style, decent mix of some good folks I've known for ages and others I've just met, and Val, whose name I've known for ages and never met before til today. Nice to finally meet you! :)

I thought the highlight (besides watching Rose clean Gregory's honey backstock clean out in one swoop! haha I warned you!) was going to be spending a lazy afternoon with some buddies, smelling rich italian faux leather, fuel, exhaust and gear oil, then at a moment I was least expecting it, Gregory taps me on the shoulder, "its for you :D" hands me the phone and it's PAPA TONY phoning in from SoCal on behalf of the whole sunshine contingent of X hardcores :guitar: That was very cool

And then, everyone circles around, I'm there like a dope just finished my tasty backyard bbq burger, Gregory, on behalf of the "Hardcores", on behalf of all of Xweb, steps forward and presents me--one of the most amazing things I think anyone's ever given me-- ever-- I mean that-- A PLAQUE -A REAL, gorgeous, brushed metal, machined, blacked background, on routed stained wood, this thing is just amazing:

"X1/9 AUTOMOBILI NORTH AMERICA
Presented to Ian "Mac" McIntosh
In Recognition of Ten Years
Of Devotion To
XWEB FORUM :pimp: :D
The People and their Automobiles
April 20, 2009"

On the reverse a panel of signatures from some of "THE HARDCORES" responsible, Rudy, Papa Tony, Allen M, 'Karfrik' Albert, JimD, Bob B, Ricardo, Herzel, and 'SlowDog' Mike :D When I croak they can bury me with this thing, I'm putting that in my will! :D

As if all that werent enough, at the bottom it says in XANA script, "PEACE" :eek:

I dont even know how to begin to appropriately thank you guys for this plaque (I -not jokingly- said, now I HAVE TO fix my '75, so I can hang this above it on the wall in my next garage :cool:) and all who turned out today for showing up having a great time with us at our humble gig, those who came greater distances for making the trek to Oly, our main man Gregory for hosting (what a great guy and the house turned out gorgeous, made this old city mouse long for country living again for a day), special props to my man Wayne W, who was one of the hardcores at our very first ever SeaX gig ten years ago and was again counted present today, geez, I could go on all night and still not duly credit all you great guys.. and most of all, each and every one of you who have come to visit, and use, and contribute, and help build and shape and create our humble Xweb into what its become today, from all across our great big globe, a little magical corner of the internet that brings a little X1/9 sunshine into our insane lives and makes folks hobby/driver/enthusiasm with these cars a little bit easier, more fulfilling, better etc etc :sun: You guys and gals are great!

I could write on and on but I gotta wrap this up, not sure what else to say but you guys just kick ass you're bad to the bone and I am humbled and honored and PROUD to call you each and all my friends!

ROCK ON, XWEB!!! :pc: :guitar: :grouphug: Best little group of folks I've ever seen anywhere... :clap:

More to come, somebody toss some pics up! To quote Les, "out for now" ;)

(outro music please ;))...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1SzpL83P0A"]YouTube - Massed Pipe Bands PNW Highland Games 2008[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFCniNXMk5c"][/ame]

Congrats on your semi-retirement Mac

Here is a pic of the plaque that the guys presented to Mac:

Enjoy it Mac. Your efforts have meant a great deal to all of us on this forum. So just a little token of our appreciation.

BTW... I still have some 75 parts in my stash. ;)

Some pics...

Thanks to everyone who attended! It was a perfect day (almost too hot) and a good time, thanks for making it out.

A few X's in front of the house:
IMG_6919.jpg

Another view of some X's:
IMG_6913.jpg

Yellow is Jake's, nice red one is Jeff's, Teal one is Brent's, mine's in the back.

Sam Barer's F car:
IMG_6916.jpg

Jeff's Eurosport X:
IMG_6918.jpg

Paul's Zagato (used to be mine)
IMG_6917.jpg

Another view of the F car:
IMG_6914.jpg

Mac with his award:
IMG_6920.jpg

Thanks for everything, Mac.

Hey Mac ,glad to see you attended!!...

a little humble tribute to you,a guy who deserves much much more than this.What you have done for us with this forum have no words or ways of thanking you enough.
Just remember;"Once an X head,always an X head"...........:sun:

I tried to get LezesigX ready for the gathering...

...but ran out of time.
Had hoped to bring it for one last hurrah in Pac NW,
before it heads to new home in SoCal.
A trip back in time for old guard.
A first/last look at Pac NW legendary X for noobies.
Buyer has been patiently waiting for months now.

Been a pleasure to resurrect an X that wasn't a derelict.
Sitting for 3 years took a toll.
Cooling system, fuel system, starting system, body rust, hydraulics.
All needed TLC.
Plus...adding MM tuning to Lezesig tuning...creating a very special X.
Has great bones...sweet tranny, dialed suspension, very dialed single carb.
Had planned to keep it for few years,
but buyer tracked me down.
Keeping Daytonas and some of the Lezesig fabricated items.

whoa haha

Mac with his award:

I just woke from a recurring dream of Rose sitting on her floor counting her pounds of honey and giggling like a maniac.. shocked me awake to know she actually has it now :hypno: Stumbling bedheaded enroute to the bathroom I breeze by the idle laptop and see this! Some nice shots there but that last one yikes my god who is that freaky fellow? I dont recall seeing him there! Haah I was clowning around at the exact instant the shutter went, I look like Vince from Shamwow (just being a goof, someone always catches me looking my most outlandish, I guess the opportunities must abound :rolleyes: :D) I do sincerely hope though that theres a more somber dignified suitable for framing version out there somewhere, for posteritys sake! ;)

Sounds like...

I missed out on another GREAT gathering! I have plenty of excuses - feeling under the weather, really (for me) short notice, had to watch the kids, no X to bring - but no real REASONS. :( You guys have forgiven me more than a few times for bringing the Jeep! And I know the kids would have been welcomed/adored. The house looks great completed, Gregory - last time I saw it, we were walking throught the unfinished silo/turret. I would love to see more pics of all the people that really make up this great group we call Xweb...

Oh my... I thought for a moment you said...

... Lezesig was moving to SoCal!

HAHAHA...

So, who is the guy buying his old ride... I'd love to meet 'im and see Les' old car also.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! You are most welcome...

And here is the BEST SHOT yet... taken by John Allen.

It captures MAC as our version of "Vinnie, the ShamWow Guy"... on steroids!

HA!

Also, the beautiful Miss Rose and I can only assume that is Greg to the left.

I think this foto captured everything we were trying to achieve, and outside of all the other stuff... you are deserving of our gratitude.

Mac.jpg

p.s. Some might claim that the beautiful craftsmanship of the custom One-Off Designed Plaque is the work of none other than our own Ricardo "Saratoga Top" Borja, and then custom mounted on a Walnut Backing by Mr. CIA, Lt. Col. Allen Mandlebaum... but truth be told... I did it all...

(Ha!)

HAHAHAHAHA!

I know, after all this time I really should have the blue X not only restored, but with the turbo in it, too! Money, time, place to work on them (it's them, with the '81 and the 124 added) and now that I have the place and time, there's no money. It's always something, right? I've really missed you guys, and like todays gathering, I don't have any REAL reason being gone so long, but I do have plenty of excuses...

Well... its good that you and yours are well...

Check in once in awhile and don't forget to REWARD yourself now and then with the X... after caring for the kids, etc.

You deserve it and there will be no regrets!

You just stocked up another with this event. There will not be another like it!

Do stop by AFTER CALLING if yur ever in the 'hood again...

HA!

The funny part is, although his old X wasn't there, Lezesig himself stopped by for a brief visit.:worship:

Back