Xweb 10th Anniversary, Olympia WA: Apr 19 2009

congratullations Xweb!

Wow! looks a terrific day!
An the "mistery man" shows up!
Mac you needs to be proud for your babies "network 54" and as you named "son of xweb" basically you are a "Grand dad" today! lol.
congratullations for this 10th anniversary

And cheers for all people who's involved to keep this great place on the web

I’m very proud to be part of this great gang, when I got my X1/9 on 97’ I had no idea what I bought! Then when I decide to restored I did as better as I could without notice of any club or forum here in USA, on the web I always looking for the X1/9 forums from Europe as reference but I always believe to exist some club here but I didn’t know where. Some day around may 2003 I FOUND IT! I remember I was very surprised to see all the trades, quickly I introduced myself to the forum and show my car, couple months later Doug L “the rat” made a meeting I was very exited to see more than 1 X1/9 join together on one place!

after that all is history.

Special thanks to Mac.
For him all here we have a “friendly space” where you can show “your baby” “your nightmare” “your headache” “your friend” “your soul mirror” your addiction.
If he created this space for us, just I can say.

Thank you

Ricardo Borja

extrasmallrbrbadgezv7.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79

And a special thanks to Jerry at Vick Autosports for the $35 gift certificate, which was won by Brent Barber of Centralia, with the two-tone teal X.:thumbsup:

I had alot of fun!!

I'm sunburned! Not too bad. It was really great to see everyone and met a few new people and I finally got to meet Mac. Thanks Greg for hosting and thanks to Vick Autosports for the door prizes. I won the gift certificate and am making out a list of stuff to order :pc: for the Maroon X! I'm excited maybe the car will be on the road in a few months. :excited:

Planning on attending the FEN event...maybe I'll see some of you there. It would be kinda cool to meet up somewhere in Tacoma and caravan to the event. :hmm:

Brent

Guys

I am proud to call each and all you guys and gals my friends :) Xweb is the most worthwhile thing I've ever done with my free time :pc: Just glad you all come around and use the place, contribute, hang around, and enjoy! :D

Thank you Greg...and of course Mac

What a great day! Some Xs, a Ferrari, a Zagato and more. The Zagato drove up with no horn, and no reverse. After a push to Greg's garage, Greg went nuts and quickly fixed the horn. Reverse took a bit longer, and then worked just fine.

Glad Mac could make it. What fun to have the sage, wise original XHead Mac, and the current XPhenom Greg together at one event.

Thanks for the excellent burger and munchies.

Nice to meet you Brent, and I really like the Teal X you brought. Very nice color.

Always glad to see Wayne and John. Made more X friends, and had a nice relaxed Sunday afternoon in the sun. Perfect for celebration of XWeb's 10th anniversary.

Yeah :)

You too! I would say Jeff, Jake, Brent and Gregory do deserve bonus props for actually providing X1/9s for our gig :D ;) Each was a unique and interesting joy to oogle while I chomped on that excellent burger. BTW G you need to tell your neighbor that apple juice was really good stuff too. I had to really restrain myself to not just stand there and drink it all :drink:

Thanks again to everyone who attended, it was a real good time :)

Hey Jake...

Thanks for the fotos, but tell us MORE...

That isn't a stock taillight system on the Lancia is it? And just what is the little Red SUV? Loce the Alfa decal on the tow dolly also... HA!

first off, THANKS GREG for having the party. Always great to see friends and cars.

Tony, thanks for posting the pictures for me. The Scorpion has a custom rear panel with Opel GT tail lights, but the rest of the car is modified and very cool as well. DCOEs, MonteCarlo bumper/headlights and double bubble hardtop.... nice....

The "SUV" is a Lada Niva, Val as had a couple and have FIAT type running gear. Again, very cool....

Woo-Hoo! Twin Turbo in background!

There ain't a one I see that I don't check out.
Either pimped to death, or ratted out.
John's is a virgin survivor.

When it was new, mostly saw grey hairs driving them.
When it was a couple years old, yuppies started driving them.
Then Young Turks got aholt of 'em.
Then punks with ball caps on backwards.
Amazingly, I see very few on the roads today.
Hard to believe the design is 20 years old.

Yeah Mike, I drove it for you! I figured you might like to see the 'ol gal again. I did get the larger rims mounted with some nice rubber and it seems like it is running well (for now!). A few oil weeps, but nothing major - paint could use some of your 'magic' though (paint 'pulls in' a lot of greasy fingerprints).

Back