Xweb at Freakout 2014?

wcarter4

'74 x1/9
Just wondering if there is going to be a gathering of Xweb at freakout.
I am probably going Saturday night and leave Sunday morning but not putting my car in the show or attending the Saturday night dinner.
Figure a parking lot gathering or a small cruise...

Groupon has a deal for the resort at freakout. I got the same room offered to members even cheaper for saturday night.
So I hope to meet some Xweb ers !

Probably arriving Friday

My plans have not solidified yet, but currently I plan to arrive on Friday. I will probably tow the primered 85 up there and just take the ridicule. ;)

Take care of Dad

Your a good son Kevin!

I hope your father feels better soon. My parents are in there 80s and I spend a lot more time at their place fixing things and just making sure they are doing OK. It's the least we can do considering everything they did for us.

I'll be there...

I am coming without my X unfortunately. My son has started a teenage resurgence of sorts. I have 8-9 teenagers coming with me this year, two of them own X1/9s and others are interested. We can welcome them in a true Xweb fashion.

What to expect?

I've never been to anything like this, and am wondering what to expect. Can anyone relay their perspective on that?

I'm considering a 'down & back' trip one day, if my father will come along. He's been as much a part of getting this car up & running again as I have.

Brian

track day tires

Brett,

Teenagers? Should I put the Hoosier R6 tires on the 85 so you can take them for a spin with some grip? :) I think the only driving I would do is from the hotel to the show field. Probably take the Pilot if I go to other events around town. Of course I could throw another set of street wheels/tires in the Pilot too.

You get to see a lot of great cars.

I've never been to anything like this, and am wondering what to expect. Can anyone relay their perspective on that?

I'm considering a 'down & back' trip one day, if my father will come along. He's been as much a part of getting this car up & running again as I have.

Brian

There is a lot of Fiat eye candy on show day. If you hang around the X1/9s you will probably find some Xwebbers, but the crowd is pretty fluid as you are supposed to wander and "judge" the cars for the awards dinner. I hope there is a "primered" category this year. ;)

I have been to a couple FFOs now and I am torn. I do enjoy seeing people I haven't seen in a while, but it is an expensive trip and the rest of my family never wants to go. For the die hard Fiat guys and gals that are there every year, they know everyone and it is a big party. It is up to you to dive in and become part of that party.

If you come up, get my phone # and I will make sure I find you at the show. Or just stand next to the ugly primered X and look nearby for someone pretending not to be the owner. :thumbsup:

teenagers

My son Blake (you have met him) actually does well with his stock 85 X1/9 on the back roads. The guys with higher hp imports always come away with respect for the little pasta burner.

Only 5-X1/9's registered as of 6/25/2014

Out of approximately 78 cars registered so far only 5 are X1/9's. We have to do better than that. I know I will be there. Anyone else?

Teen buyers ?

Brett, my PBS-inspired paint scheme was done when I was practically a teen myself in the early 80s. I'm looking for a buyer ... or maybe a couple of teens to go in on it together? Let them see my video here. I plan on being at the show field on Saturday. (FYI it was posted in FSW with price a while back)

I registered today Bob

I will put the 85 on the show field. Should be humorous. :)

Not Humerous at all.....

Believe me over the years there have been much worse.

Plus you will be in the running for the "most challenged" award. :)

I would start campaigning now.

Now if we could only get a few more to sign up.

Will be there.

Arriving on Wednesday about noon and leaving Tuesday Morning.

As events go it is fun. For me coming in from Canada it gives me the opportunity to see another part of America. I take lots of pictures and look at the cars. My wife wants to go shopping.

To be part of Italian cars and history, this is as affordable as it can ever get.

I have been attending these events since 2005. Meet some people, make new friends and develop some great relationships.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

no worse than me hitting a dog on I81 in Virginia on the way to Poconos FFO.

Put my car on the show field with the parts I could pick off the road along side.....

FFO08033.jpg

:)

I dont plan on paying to show my project car, ill be in the parking lot and on the back roads avoiding speeding tickets.

We are up to 10-X1/9's Plus Launcha Splatos.

Hopefully there will be a few more who sign up. Registration goes until 7/3/2014 with late registration available until 7/6/2014 with a $50 late fee. No registrations after the 6th. At least that's what they say :doh:

Back