Xweb at Freakout 2014?

Looks like it's gunna be wet. I'm not going, obviously, or I'd be there instead of at work typing. You can tell were my mind and heart are though (hint: not here).
My X is running nice though. It would probably make it, though in a hard rain it'd be hydroplaning down the highway something fierce.

There were some nice X's there. Great time had by all

Thanks to everyone for the great work in pulling off FFO 2014. Many were involved, including several X-Web'ers, and it was a fun time as usual despite a couple of rain storms.

Some very nice X19s were represented.

It was nice to see everyone who stopped by the vendor booth.

Am already looking forward to next year!

-M

FFO-2014-X-1-small.jpg

FFO-2014-X-2-small.jpg

FFO-2014-124-1-small.jpg

FFO-2014-124-2-small.jpg

FFO-2014-OTHER-1-small.jpg

Agreed

The Chicago FLU group did a great job organizing the FFO. I can't imagine how much time and effort they had to put in, but I saw BobG late Saturday night and he looked tuckered out.

I had a good time and enjoyed putting faces with some of the names here on Xweb. The parking assignments for the show field placed Ken (jasco) and I side by side with our two primered beauties. ;)

At the awards dinner, I sat with TonyK and Bob Martin (along with their lovely wives) and Matt, Marnie and Brayden Brannon. Every X at the table won a trophy, so I picked a good table. Not sure how the voting was rigged, but my primered X won 3rd place in the 83-88 class. And yes, there were more than 3 Xs in the class (maybe 5?). I believe Bob's Dallara took 1st in the 83-88 class. Pretty sure Matt's 76 got 1st in the early X class. I can't remember where TonyK finished with his 79. Maybe he will chime in.

Unfortunately......

I didn't get to look at the cars as closely as I would have liked. And yes after about 8 hours of sleep over the 4 days I was pretty worn out.

There were great examples from all X1/9 years. Yes, Jim I thought it appropriate to put the primered X's together :thumbsup:

I appreciate everyone who came and helped make this years event a success. I to am looking forward to next year. The leading candidate for next year's location right now is Pittsburgh, PA, but nothing set in stone yet.

Back