Xweb at Freakout 2014?

at the time I resigned my position on FLU / FCA board of directors last month for family and personal health issues, it had not been decided.

Pittsburgh Grand Prix was on the short list.

X to FFO

Well, I have decided if I can pull some last minute things on the X1/9, I am going to take it to FFO instead of the Abarth. I have a short list of things that must be done prior to me taking it on a journey. I will probably tailer the car as we are going to Cedar Point on the way up and it would be a 14-15 hour drive. Plus, I have a group of teens coming up with me and it seems crazy to drive a car with only two seats in this case. either way, it would be fun to have the X with me at the FFO in Chicago.

My radiator fans have stopped working, if I can figure that out, I will bring it along. Any suggestions?

Cool X1/9!

I will pass the word along and see if I can help out. How much do you want for the car? My local friend Mark Irwin has the original PBS X1/9 from the book...here in Knoxville!

well i am not a FCA member anymore and dont plan on it in the future, the local milwaukee 500 club has let me join them. Im really only going to put some faces to the names of people i have met on here.

I'd love to go this year but things didn't work out.

The X would never make it anyway, so I'd have to take the Abarth. It just wouldn't be the same.

Are Alfa's welcome?

I'm going, but I don't expect either my X1/9 or my Beta Zagato to really be roadworthy by then. I'm considering bringing my Alfa Spider, but I've never been to one of these and I'm wondering how that would be received. I've seem some promo saying that all Italian makes are welcome, but I've never seen anything but Fiats or Lancias in photos of past years.

I'm already going one day in my SUV to pick up a hood from Midwest, but I'll be commuting each day as I'm only about an hour away.

Fans

The sensor at the rad when closed goes to ground.

I would suggest grounding out the sensor lead. If that fails, a fuse, a relay is all that is left. Would be nice to see another X at the show.

TonyK.

I got registered right at the last minute and will be bringing the Greaseslapper. I'll be parking in the darkest, most remote corner of the "primered" division. Fortunately I have a good sense of humor. Just don't ask about my exhaust "system".

FreakOut Xweb style...

So, can we get a role call of who is going for sure? When can we all meet and say hi?

I am bringing my X1/9 BTW.

1013350_10203152207506711_960276090_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be there Saturday from before 8 AM to help park cars and I guess stay all day. Here's a pic of my X so no one has a heart-attack when they see it.

I'll be there.....

With my 82X and 76 Scorpion. There are a total of 16-X1/9's registered. Including Splatos the lemons race car. The car is an 86 with the Alfa V6 transplant. I hope to see that car on the track when I run my 2nd attempt at lemons in 3 weeks at the Autobahn in Joliet, IL.

DSCN0739a_zps2a4119cd.jpg

DSCN0280_zps06b315b5.jpg

Excellent jasco

I'll be there Saturday from before 8 AM to help park cars and I guess stay all day. Here's a pic of my X so no one has a heart-attack when they see it.

I will bring a can of primer just in case we need to do some last minute touch ups on the show field. ;)

1st time on trailer 1.JPG

Last edited:
All tarted up for the show

I am throwing down the gauntlet jasco. I added some badges and a "new" driver's side seat cover from BobbyB. :boxing: ;)

bucking_jackass.jpg
fiat_badge.jpg
85_new_driver_seat2.jpg

I have some crusty Bertone badges that would need to be glued to the car, but decided the shiny new FIAT badges were easier to deal with since they bolt on. They will end up on the 78 someday.

Last edited:
Cupholders, too!

Looking pretty snazzy...

I'm not going to make it to the show. We keep making slow progress on the car, but it's not trustworthy enough to travel the distance, yet. (Finally got the Radiator Fan to run yesterday, by running a new ground wire.)

Brian

Drive in and wander the show

Hi Brian,

Looks like its 3.5 hours for you. If you feel like taking a road trip, you could come out for the show on Saturday without your X. I went to the Nashville FFO X-less and had a good time.

Back