XXX1/9 Build *Update 8/18/22 Tech Dive Video*

Rear toe in on bump is not always an advantage or disadvantage.. one of a long list of factors that depend on what the chassis-suspension design goals are and the intent for this chassis-suspension. There are no absolutes, just trade-offs and beliefs and ideas of what is desirable, what is not desirable.

There are quite a number of rear suspensions designed with toe in on bump. From the Miata NC to Porsche Weissach axle and many more.

Bernice

This is all very interesting. On the rear suspension, it does look like you have built in some toe in gain for "roll understeer" effect. It also appears that you have no provision for adjusting toe in gain. Assuming that the builder knows vastly more about suspension design than I do, I am curious as to how one arrives at a good decision for building in tow gain.

I’ll ask him for some more in depth explanation for the suspension setup. I’ll add that as a main point in the second video in the series. Any and all questions are welcome.

All of that way over my head as well.

Hi Kurt. Would youmind please sharing tubing dimensions your dad used on the front and rear subframes? The front looks to be 1 inch square and the rollcage 1.5 inch. Thanks very much.

Car is almost ready to move under its own power, has all the cooling and wiring set up. Only really needs the tune adjusted and exterior panels put on along with a lot of other small things.

I was hoping to get another video up before winter but it looks like it will have to wait u til spring.

As far as the framing goes here is what tubing was used

The main lower frame is 2” sq box 4130 steel
Hoop is 1.625 x .083 4130 steel
Front and rear frames mostly 1.5 or1.25 4130. With lower rails larger
Floor is 3/4” carbon fiber honeycomb
Center tunnel is 4130 3/4 steel tubes with structural 6061 - T6 aluminum

Back