Zagato headlights on a Scorp?

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
I was looking at that Zagato on eBay last night, and the headlight/grill arrangement is what I have always wanted on the Scorpion. I know I have seen Scorps with this same arrangement (quad round headlights). Anybody here ever adapted Zagato parts for this conversion? Anybody got pics of the finished product? And finally, anybody got Zagato front end parts they want to get rid of?

Pete

Midwest-Bayless has sold many of these...

...conversions to customers. They look great, however we do not currently have any sets available. We may be getting another parts Zagato in very soon. We are awaiting the owner to get back with us. I am sure if you Google Lancia Scorpion and click on Images, some pics will show up.

I did that conversion on my white '77:
LANCIABESTQTR.jpg

LanciaFrontalView.jpg

Much easier and a whole lot cheaper than the OE Montecarlo headlights. I had to make the one piece nose panel and the ABS trim panels around the lights. I prefer the OE Montecarlo headlights, but they are next to impossible to find; although I do know where a set is.

I was looking at that Zagato on eBay last night, and the headlight/grill arrangement is what I have always wanted on the Scorpion. I know I have seen Scorps with this same arrangement (quad round headlights). Anybody here ever adapted Zagato parts for this conversion? Anybody got pics of the finished product? And finally, anybody got Zagato front end parts they want to get rid of?

Pete

I know

of a couple of zagatos in NC. Their owned by a guy named Tim Nine. Try typing Tim Nine trikes in your browser. He said the bodys are to rusty, but the parts your after are mostly plastic, so...

A good look...

I also like this look, and like the added lighting performance (extra set of highbeams). There are a few Fiats with 4 headlights; 131/Brava for instance. I would think you could also use just about any car's setup, like from an early BMW or Scirocco.

There are also ellipsoid projector setups and other aftermarket solutions for those wanting to get very creative. I think if you're going to make the surround trims anyway you can really get creative with what goes in there.

Another option is the Delta/037 variety with large and small round lights.

Call me crazy...

Or call me a putz...but I like the Scorpion headlights best!

I don't know why, but the two single headlamps illuminate the road ahead just fine. As for esthetics, I've always liked the pop-up configuration.

Just me.

Allan

Well, I won't call you crazy or a putz, but I hated every change FIAT made to the Montecarlo when creating the Scorpion; expecially the headlights. Like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. But as they say, opinions are like belly buttons.

I don't know why, but the two single headlamps illuminate the road ahead just fine. As for esthetics, I've always liked the pop-up configuration.

Just me.

Allan

Mmm mmm

OH BABY!!! The Montecarlo version may look all business...but the front end of the Scorpion looks lusty!

Well,now you've go and done it!

You've started a debate on which head light set up looks best. And I'm struggling with that one myself!

Just me.

Allan

Back