Another K20 conversion from Midwest-Bayless

We wanted to introduce you to the latest K20 build we have just completed, with a 1977 chassis.

It features a K20A2 w/6-Spd transaxle driveline, Hondata K-Pro ECU, WHOA! Brakes, KONI coil-overs, improved rad with dual fans, front sway bar, and 15" wheels with Yokohama S-Drive tires.

Did I mention it's a Series 1 car with functioning AC?!

A very bright yellow finish really makes it pop, with yellow accents on the brown interior.

It also has a full LED instrument cluster with electronic speedo and matching tach.

Previous owners had great intentions and it was probably a fun car in the past, but was just worn out when it got to us, and also had a Left Front run-in with Bambo about 3 weeks before it arrived.

For those attending our open house this weekend, it will be on-site!

JM-a.jpg

JM-b.jpg

JM-c.jpg

JM-d.jpg

JM-e.jpg

JM-f.jpg

JM-g.jpg

JM-h.jpg

JM-i.jpg

JM-j.jpg

JM-k.jpg

JM-l.jpg

JM-m.jpg

JM-n.jpg

JM-o.jpg

JM-p.jpg

-M

Very Nice!!!

I must say, if I keep the X1/9 for the long term, I really will have to consider one of your conversion kits :)

EDIT - what is the WHP/WTQ output of the setup?

EDIT - found the thread from the last one - I couldn't find the conversion kit on the X1/9 section - found the link in the above thread...

Last edited:
Really clean install

Nice work. I am sure Jim will enjoy it. I will check it out Saturday. :)

it was for me.

I contracted with Matt to redo my car. This goes back to this thread back in October 2012 where I was trying to decide whether I should replace my 2007 Mazda 3 with a Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio.

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/19248/

I LIKE the Abarth, but love the looks and handling of the X. I realized that what I really wanted was a modern X. Matt and Jonathan and the rest of the Midwest Bayless team made me one.

To my understanding I am # 6 having this done and each new conversion gets slightly better than the one before it due to more experience and the knowledge gained by it.

As far as price, it all varies and varies a lot. I had quite a bit more work done (because it was needed, especially after Bambi) than say Pete's conversion. The best recommendation I could possibly give you is to first think about what you want, and then give Matt a call. You'll find him easy, thorough and very professional to work with.

I'm going to do a write-up in a format like Pete's (http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/14444/ ) in 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shucks...

When I saw the Mass plates, I thought my wife ordered my Christmas present :sigh:

Hope to see you on the road, good luck with you new toy!

Beautiful work

Great job!

Jim, what front indicators are you using? The front of your X looks brilliant.

Cheers,

Rob

That is a really nice car and the engine looks so tidy in there compared to the Uno swaps. Lovin' the VW header tank too!

Curious...

What the naked engine actually looks like under the black and grey plastic (?) cover. Is it a pretty design showing metal like the Fiat DOHC or is it just 'functional' looking, with hoses and wires going everywhere?

Gorgeous. Some day - I WILL be getting your kit.

What kind of wheels are those and specs?

Last edited:
^^^ Shakotan
if I were to get 15s...
those by far would be the ones. Sweet :thumbsup:

I think Mark Allison sells those.

Back