dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot

Don't know about the switch but I like the color and material your seats are done in. Looks very nice.

I was thinking the same thing! (but that style shift boot has to go!!)

puffy sleeves
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1W6uTJRNk"]I like your sleeves... - YouTube[/ame]

conquistador_by_mightymoose-d3dkufi.jpg

Headlight efficiency + other stuff...!

.....how dim the low beams are, if there is not enough light...add more!

.....did you do the BWM to your car
?.....

Hi M, I could well be flamed here by the "sparky wizards", but I have never felt that the electrical wiring on 1300 X's was greatly under-rated!
Possibly the 1300's were produced with slightly heavier grade wiring than the 1500's - who knows? Consequently, I don't have a great problem with the low-beam headlight intensity on my 1300. However, what I did do, soon after buying my X, was toss out the Carello headlight units (the 'silvered' reflectors were rusting) and replaced them with better-quality GE brand units. This certainly improved the headlight performance on both low and high beams!
Yes, my X uses the ceramic-type fuses, and even with the higher-output headlight units, I have never blown a fuse.
Re your query on BWM - no, I have not done this on my X as, for the above reasons, I kinda feel it's not necessary.
The only electrical componenty mod I have done is the "you beaut" starter motor relay (promoted by Greg S) which certainly overcomes the dreaded 'click - click' of the starter motor (just when you want to get going quickly. :no:)

cheers, Ian - NZ

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for sharing some of the details of your X19. It is interesting to hear what people are doing and not doing to some of the earlier cars. I will research the starter relay mod that you have mentioned. Do you use your car as a daily driver? Do you do some highway driving with it? If so, how have you found the handling at 90-100kph? Do you have a special edition X? If so, what is upgraded?

Cheers,
Michael

Daily driver......??

.. Do you use your car as a daily driver? Do you do some highway driving with it? If so, how have you found the handling at 90-100kph? Do you have a special edition X? If so, what is upgraded?..

...Michael, my X is certainly NOT a daily driver - moreso an "old fart sunny-day cruiser" these days!
In fact, here in NZ we can put our classic cars on "Rego hold" for up to 12 months (this is when the car is not to be used, e.g. over the winter months) and still retain its legal vehicle registration status.
Consequently, I put my X on 6 (winter) months rego hold, so I end up doing only about 1600 mls over the summer months.
Yes, I do lotsa highway driving with it - it handles very nicely at 100kph (4000 rpm) and is reasonably peppy on our hilly NZ roads. I run Michelin X tyres on front, and Firestone GR2000 185/70 on rear.
My X is a 1978 Serie Speciale - an "ex-factory series" that Fiat developed to run-out the last of the 1300's. No engine performance mods, but came with OE front air dam, special seat trim, foglights, and unique body decals.
At my "mature" stage of life (but MUCH younger than ol' fart Tony N. :whistle:) I get a lot of summertime enjoyment from my little "Italion stallion"!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Re: THAT switch!

...when the fog/driving lamps are fitted as OE in production.

:love::love::love::love::love: This is the EXACT switch I've been looking for to use on my 128 (had one of these once, never knew where it came from, donated it to an X1/9-owner/friend, never came across another one like it). Any chance you might have another one of these in black (not brown) that you'd be willing to part with? :grin:

...Michael, my X is certainly NOT a daily driver - moreso an "old fart sunny-day cruiser" these days!
In fact, here in NZ we can put our classic cars on "Rego hold" for up to 12 months (this is when the car is not to be used, e.g. over the winter months) and still retain its legal vehicle registration status.
Consequently, I put my X on 6 (winter) months rego hold, so I end up doing only about 1600 mls over the summer months.
Yes, I do lotsa highway driving with it - it handles very nicely at 100kph (4000 rpm) and is reasonably peppy on our hilly NZ roads. I run Michelin X tyres on front, and Firestone GR2000 185/70 on rear.
My X is a 1978 Serie Speciale - an "ex-factory series" that Fiat developed to run-out the last of the 1300's. No engine performance mods, but came with OE front air dam, special seat trim, foglights, and unique body decals.
At my "mature" stage of life (but MUCH younger than ol' fart Tony N. :whistle:) I get a lot of summertime enjoyment from my little "Italion stallion"!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Thank you for the information Ian. My car is stored right now but plan to use it in the Spring of 2014, as a mid-aged fart daily driver. Therefore I would like to try to get the car as reliable as possible. The PO says that the car does not like to start when it rains. I will start with a good tune up, I think the PO put about 300 miles on the car in the last 7 years of ownership. I took it out for a couple of little test drives and it sure is a fun car to drive!

Cheers,
M

:love::love::love::love::love: This is the EXACT switch I've been looking for to use on my 128 (had one of these once, never knew where it came from, donated it to an X1/9-owner/friend, never came across another one like it). Any chance you might have another one of these in black (not brown) that you'd be willing to part with? :grin:

Fairy tales can come true they can happen to you.:D

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/stor...l.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=192828&i=299986099

There ya go, Jeff.........!!

....Xmas has come early for ya.......from Santa (Greg - in Conn) Claus!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back