AKimball92

True Classic
Xwebers,

Please go check out the HLRM section of the wiki. I added an image of the 1978 OEM wiring diagram but modified with the changes made when doing the HLRM. I created the diagram last year when doing the mod myself. I just wanted to visualize it better than the written steps provided. I am assuming this will be a short thread. Just an FYI...

Cheers!

Here is the link...scroll down to "headlight relays":
http://xwebforums.com/wiki/index.php/Headlights

Very nice looking diagram, thanks for adding it. I am a very visual learner, so a picture helps a lot.
This project is another on my LONG list of things to do to my X, so I'll avoid looking at it until the time comes. Otherwise the anxiety begins too soon. :eek:

I am a very visual learner, so a picture helps a lot.
I know what you mean Doc Jeff. Until I could recreate the diagram and follow the electrons on they pathway to ground, I didn't want to make the nonreversable change. I have commitment issues when it comes to modifications.

One of these days I'll get to the wiper relay mod. For now though my wipers are removed as they did that on their own driving I-75 home from Philadelphia the first day I bought the car.

I have commitment issues (period).
That sounds like a funny story.

I've been tempted to write the story of the day I bought the X. It was quite an experience. Maybe this would be an interesting Discussion Thread starter as well. I'm sure many of you will top my story with ones of your own purchasing experiences.

Driving my 85 this week, I've bumped the wiper relay mod for that one up in the queue. I'm sure there are related issues I will find, but the wipers are putting too much of a draw on the system to use them in a constant "on" position. Well, at least when it's raining...

Back