Nice looking X on ebay

Observations

1. That's a lotta miles for an $8,800 car!
2. eBay pics are notorious for low quality, but that does look like a nice paint job
3. Interior re-do tries to stay faithful to the original lines and colors but there are subtle differences (stitching on the dashboard?) and not so subtle like the lack of cloth on the seat flanks
4. If Michealangelo had an X1/9, that's what his undercar/chassis would look like:eyepop:
5. Speaking of undercar, stainless steel replacement cooling pipes or aluminized muffler pipes? And where'd the rest of the splash guards go....they ain't on the car.
6. Back inside, hey somebody shove that stereo into its mount. And just the rear speakers, no fronts?
7. Where's the jack?
8. I don't know if I'd put window screening over the side pods like that....doesn't look like much thought was used before someone molested the car with a dozen new screwholes. Strip magnets and black nylon screening would be my first choice and could it have killed them to trim the screening?
9. This is the only later model X that I've seen where the "duckbilling" on the rear bumper filler strip is worse than the front. In fact you hardly ever see the duckbilling on the rear panel, right?
10. Wheels have a nice, acceptable finish but nowhere near the bling-level of the car's paintwork. And is that a camera distortion or does the right rear wheel have a huge flatspot at 2-3 o'clock?
11. Why is the right side wiper wiping the cowl?
12. The metal ledge under the scuttle grilles is supposed to be blacked out, they left it body color, kinde sticks out like a sore thumb. And they painted the hood latch red, really?
13. They oughta put the wiper electrical harness back into the frunk where it belongs, not good to leave it exposed to water in the scuttle!
14. Targa top gets no respect, lots of rusty hardware showing!
15. That's a lotta miles for an $8,800 car!

Did you buy the car? If so, congrats, looks to be a good one!

Rest assured, if the paint looks as good in person as it does in the pix, the rest of my list is pure gravy! (Except for the miles...X engines are generally stout, but trannys can be problematic)

And the recent upward trajectory for the sales prices of exceptional cars is very much a good thing IMO.

1. That's a lotta miles for an $8,800 car!
Miles are relative. My 86 had 65k and everything was shot to hell. The drivetrain being the worse.
2. eBay pics are notorious for low quality, but that does look like a nice paint job
Agree!
3. Interior re-do tries to stay faithful to the original lines and colors but there are subtle differences (stitching on the dashboard?) and not so subtle like the lack of cloth on the seat flanks
I couldn't put my finger on the seats, but now I see it. Unique I guess. Not seeing the stiching on the dashboard but my eyes are sucky.
4. If Michealangelo had an X1/9, that's what his undercar/chassis would look like
Agree!
5. Speaking of undercar, stainless steel replacement cooling pipes or aluminized muffler pipes? And where'd the rest of the splash guards go....they ain't on the car.
Be sure to GET ALL of the splash guards, etc that go under the engine/car. Mainly the pulley side splash guards. The fuel pump also has one. Hate to have a piece of debris knock your high pressure fuel pump off while driving :)
6. Back inside, hey somebody shove that stereo into its mount. And just the rear speakers, no fronts?
That radio is an easy fix. Had the same problem on my 86 and I would DIE for a set of unmolested front door cards. Two speakers are plenty!
7. Where's the jack?
Make sure you have the stock jack. They are pretty nice actually.
8. I don't know if I'd put window screening over the side pods like that....doesn't look like much thought was used before someone molested the car with a dozen new screwholes. Strip magnets and black nylon screening would be my first choice and could it have killed them to trim the screening?
Those drain holes get plugged with all kinds of crap so I understand why, but agree the execution isn't good at all.
9. This is the only later model X that I've seen where the "duckbilling" on the rear bumper filler strip is worse than the front. In fact you hardly ever see the duckbilling on the rear panel, right?
Rare but as such finding a decent rear replacement shouldn't be too hard.
10. Wheels have a nice, acceptable finish but nowhere near the bling-level of the car's paintwork. And is that a camera distortion or does the right rear wheel have a huge flatspot at 2-3 o'clock?
:(
11. Why is the right side wiper wiping the cowl?
Hopefully its just adjusted wrong. Otherwise it could be something bad like the plastic nut thingy that hold the wiper is broken.

Dan one good thing is he will be driving on the road in an X before you though.... how close are you before we see your baby in action or is it going to the Smithsonian :) :help: :)

2 - X1/9s sell on eBay the same week for $8500 if that OregonMoCo sale was legit :sun:

It had to have been incised to some degree for them to complete the coolant tube replacement.....

I got the feeling that the PO who did the coolant tubes probably had to wait a while for them to be fabricated so he took advantage of the car being on the lift and passed the time by spit-shining the undercarriage:excited:

"I couldn't put my finger on the seats, but now I see it. Unique I guess. Not seeing the stiching on the dashboard but my eyes are sucky."

At the far edge on each side, outboard of the vents. Not saying it looks bad, just different. The flat top of the dash seems to have a different texturing, maybe it was cracked and then reconditioned? From what we can see in the pix the dash does look good, but a little bit different.

I vote Dan.... Official Concourse Judge.... Ehem when ever that starts happening...:whistle::whistle:

Wow those wheels I mailed off to you might beat the car. After a lot of consideration I have decided to paint my other OZ wheels with Gold centers because it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good....:)

Back