Paint Code 589 ORO MET Equivalent - Single stage

Marcgt2

My name is Marc. I am a new member and this is my first post.

I am recently retired and have aquired a relatively rust free 1981 X 1/9. I am in the process of restoring it. The previous owner had owned the car for 40 years and had it repainted in blue but I would like to return it to its original color (589 ORO MET “gold metallic”).

Today I went to a local auto paint supply store and they told me they had no listing anywhere for that paint code and could not get it. Have any of you had this issue and have perhaps found a close replacement in a “close match” paint that would be more commonly available? I am also specifically looking for a single stage paint.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Marc

W
My name is Marc. I am a new member and this is my first post.

I am recently retired and have aquired a relatively rust free 1981 X 1/9. I am in the process of restoring it. The previous owner had owned the car for 40 years and had it repainted in blue but I would like to return it to its original color (589 ORO MET “gold metallic”).

Today I went to a local auto paint supply store and they told me they had no listing anywhere for that paint code and could not get it. Have any of you had this issue and have perhaps found a close replacement in a “close match” paint that would be more commonly available? I am also specifically looking for a single stage paint.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Marc
Welcome to the forum! Since this is a metallic paint color, I think you are going to have a hard time finding it as single stage.

TCP Global has it in any formulation you want. Above the color chart are two tabs, click page 2. 589 is listed as Gold Poly. Also, the Ditzler code is listed too. Your local paint supplier should be able to mix it too.

Back