What's involved in fitting Dallara body kit

there are the bigger kits the Dallara, and Boig than the more subtle Faza and PBS flares, at least those are the only ones I have Found

I compiled a photo list of the flairs ive found so far w/ names (if known) I excluded some that I knew were custom jobs.

Dallara
Bild03.jpg

Boig (there are two different front end styles, ive seen a different front end in person)
boig-3.jpg

faza1
Stradale205.jpg

faza2 aka stradale (now jjays car)
32055110925_large.jpg

Abarth
audi-a6-37652071_872f863983.jpg
tol65337_2005_01.jpg

pbs flairs
fiat-MO-Nat1-1.jpg

bubble flairs (mine)
flairs.jpg

same as above but on a car w/ some custom front lip
__IGP0081.jpg

rear fenders flairs from japan (ironically also a dallara and abarth in the photo!)
17riunione4.jpg

sweet!
where do you get/order the pbs, stradale, and/or those bubble flairs?

Unfortunately the only ones I know of still for sale are the PBS style flares Midwest bayless has.

I think think the key is to keep an eye out and to snatch a set if your lucky enough to find one like myself. Otherwise when the time comes just fabricate your own.

speaking of fabbing flares..

speakin of fabbing flares, have you guys seen the commercial for forza 3 where the blue bmw has those aerodynamic-looking flares? anyone know the story behind those?
i bet they'd look sick on an x

speakin of fabbing flares, have you guys seen the commercial for forza 3 where the blue bmw has those aerodynamic-looking flares? anyone know the story behind those?
i bet they'd look sick on an x

What body style bmw was it? see if you can find a pic online or a link to the commercial.

Nice summary; do you know these?

They look great, very integrated and quite subtle, but I don't know who makes them or where to start looking:
blackfenderflaresitalian.jpg

What body style bmw was it? see if you can find a pic online or a link to the commercial.
didn't know there were so many fm3 trailers...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwflg4ScUSA"]YouTube- Forza 3 - Dreams Trailer[/ame]
the bmw is at 46 seconds, but i'd recommend watching the whole video :wink2:
it would definitely be a challenge, but i still think they'd look great on an x :king: mine could definitely use the extra downforce at 90+ mph.. and i know there are easier (and probably more effective) ways to increase downforce, but if i wanted a cookie cutter i never would have bought my x in the first place :whistle:

artbasement, those looks great

I would have to agree. Those flares are awesome while still maintaining the origional lines of the car.

I would have to agree. Those flares are awesome while still maintaining the origional lines of the car.

and they redirect air from the hitting the tires, so they should reduce drag greatly.

Oh that BMW kit is a variation of the GTR touring car body
BMW_M3_GTR__4866_20070708.bmp

I did a similar attachment with welded brackets and rivets. I drilled most out and after bonding and kept a few as peel stoppers. I also backed up the "B" side with resin and glass cloth to sandwich the bracket to the panel. It has been 17 or 18 years now and they are still holding on great. A bit of cracking has shown up at the coach joints over the last 3 years but I keep it under control with race tape. I have limited time to post details but the short of it is that it is big money and quite a bit of time, I had probably 5-6 yrs in construction before it was truly road ready.

fiatconstruction1.jpg
Xstructure.jpg
earlysideview.jpg
dallarawheel.jpg
DallaraConstructionPrePrimer.jpg
IMG]
S7300197.jpg
fiatconstruction2.jpg

I did a similar attachment with welded brackets and rivets. I drilled most out and after bonding and kept a few as peel stoppers. I also backed up the "B" side with resin and glass cloth to sandwich the bracket to the panel. It has been 17 or 18 years now and they are still holding on great. A bit of cracking has shown up at the coach joints over the last 3 years but I keep it under control with race tape. I have limited time to post details but the short of it is that it is big money and quite a bit of time, I had probably 5-6 yrs in construction before it was truly road ready.

IMG]

Curious - Does your kit which looks damn nice, hinder servicing the car in any way? for example getting to the radiator etc.

No issue, it goes the other way and opens up the access quite a bit. The radiator is no more difficult than stock. There are two issues with the way I did it though, because the sheet metal was removed there was too much access and I had to fab up a number of close out panels in the rear trunk and inside the front of the rear quarters. There is some difficulty reaching over the rear quarters when working on the engine but it is not objectionable.

Well I guess

Perhaps I'm far enough along to post some pics.... since JJ seams to want to bump this topic. Make it worth his while. :)
x-19_015.jpg

x-19_016.jpg

x-1910.jpg

pictur10.jpg

x-19_018.jpg

pictur14.jpg

pictur18.jpg

pictur19.jpg

Back