X1/9 Brake Fluid Reservoir Replacement Kit (Part IV)

Got any left?

A continuation of my previous offering of a relatively inexpensive & easy-to-install alternative brake fluid reservoir assembly to replace the all-too-familiar cracked/leaking original X1/9 brake fluid reservoir.

For the full "history" on this project, see previous posts here:

http://xwebforums.org/showpost.php?p=175261
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/21939/
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/187094

This X1/9 Brake Fluid Reservoir Replacement Kit consists of the following items:

1. A modified used BMW plastic brake fluid reservoir.
  2. 1300 style plain black cap with small mesh strainer fitting or 1500 style 2-spade float sensor cap (black or clear rim) with float tube (tube color may vary).
  3. Clutch fluid reservoir adapter plate with metric mounting hardware (slightly raises clutch fluid reservoir so the brake hoses can now run beneath it).
  4. Reservoir rear-to-car body rubber shim strip (to fit reservoir snugly within the original X1/9 brake fluid reservoir bracket).
  5. Shipping via USPS First Class Mail within the USA (International shipping is available at slight additional cost - Canada is about $3 more, while Europe & Australia are about $12 more).

1500 style, unassembled (shim strip not shown):
xrezkit1a.jpg

1500 style, assembled (shim strip not shown):
xrezkit1b.jpg

I currently have 8 units available in a "pre-production mode" (ie: all raw parts are on hand, with modification/fabrication scheduled to be completed by next Mon./Tues. May 12/13). These will be available on a "first come, first served" basis beginning today. If you want one of these, speak up NOW. When they're sold out, it may be a while until I can make another batch depending on my ability to find good usable conversion cores & the free time I have available to fabricate the kits.

Price is $45 each (USA shipping included), payment via Paypal is preferred, thanks. :italia:

Do you have one for 75 1300?

Last edited by a moderator:
1500 kit left ?

Hi Jeff:

I have installed two of your kits already.

How nice of you to help keep these delightful cars on the road !

Do you have another kit left for a 1500 ?

If so, what is your paypal address....

Thanks !

Jaan

eddinsmoto.com

Now available!

I have 6 more of these brake fluid reservoir replacement kits now available. Price is still just $45 each (USA shipping included), payment via Paypal is preferred, thanks. :italia:

Jeff

truly sorry to hear about your health concerns. My deepest wishes for a quick return to full health.

Would you consider doing a similar service for 850 owners?

???

truly sorry to hear about your health concerns. My deepest wishes for a quick return to full health.

Thanks, doing fine now. :)

Would you consider doing a similar service for 850 owners?

Why? There's no shortage of 850 reservoirs like with the X1/9, & the 850 reservoirs are much more solidly-built than the X reservoir & less prone to cracks/leaks. New ones are still available, used ones are fairly easy to get as well (afaik). Should I be "rescuing" these from junkyard 850's from now on?

Off the top of my head, worst-case scenario would have me trying to fit one or two of the early 124 Spider single brake fluid reservoirs (looks similar to X1/9 clutch fluid reservoir, but the hose port points down instead of sideways) on the 850 (1 or 2 needed depending on early vs. late model 850). Or try the 128/early 124 single roundish tandem reservoir, or later 124 rectangular tandem reservoir, or??? A lot of the late '90's/'00's European cars I see in the junkyards also have reservoirs that would work, but not look the same (square design vs. roundish).

Back