Beeks Spider restomod

installed the compensator and fuel lines today
IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_6014.JPG
IMG_6015.JPG

Indeed very nice. The photographs are great and really show off your work very well.

Thank you all for the complements! I am just working trying to beat a deadline now. The freak out is less than a month away! This last week I stripped the body down for paint. Removed the windshield and found a surprise! had to fix that. Then I decided to finish the por15 in the rear seat area.

IMG_6067.JPG
IMG_6065.JPG
IMG_6072.JPG
IMG_6079.JPG
IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_6084.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG

1 supply, 1 return, 1 vapor, that is the green/ clear one.

I really need to finish this, my scorpion awaits!

My goal is to have the spider finished by the freak out

Last edited:
Your thread on Mira is epic, the pics of the new paint look excellent.

Looks like getting to FFO will be no problem at this rate.

Big thumbs up!

Thanks Karl, I didnt figure this was the place for all of that, wrong engine location...lol Once i find an x i will do the same to it. Still a long way to go. It seems everything i touch needs to be a little better. My original goal for this car has changed.. The paint is not near perfect I had to rush it to try and make the completion time. This will just be a preservation paint job. In a year or so I will paint it again in a booth and fix the things i left not perfect. It was only about 300.00 for the paint and reducer and hardener in a 2k urethane.

It is a good thing that everything you touch Is made a little (lot) better :)

I think you are welcome to post whatever you wish related to the 124 in this part of the forum, its a matter of the amount of effort needed to keep two forums worth of posts going. It’s a lot of work.

In any case, always good to see what you are doing, its been impressive so far.

Have a great time at FFO.

Very impressive work indeed. I just picked up a pair of '71 Spiders and I can only hope my work comes out looking close to yours.

the spider did not make the show! I took my zagato. It finished 3rd in its class. The spider was not complete. I had ordered parts that were supposed to arrive on Thursday prior to the show. I did not receive them until Monday and Tuesday of the next week. All good. I did not want to rush the completion anyway. I am still working on the car. The bad thing is this car has become more of a show piece than a driver.

Back