Is this a Fiat 124 sedan in the new Magnum PI series trailer?

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
Looks like a 124 or maybe one of the licensed varieties. Skip to about the 2:28 point of the video. The car comes crashing out of a shed.

Looks to be a Lada or similar

8A15D8CF-45C2-4F31-A8F1-BF7D520EA7C3.jpeg
833A3126-A2F9-4B0C-BF98-80CB46EB8FAC.jpeg

That was my thought also...LADA. Except for the fact is was driving fast and handled well, so couldn't have been. ;)

I did not watch all of it, but it appears they have completely copied the old show in just about every detail. Although I didn't see the "Higgins" character?

I did however catch the part where he crashes the Ferrari, jumps from it onto a truck as it flies off a cliff, then jumps off the truck onto the helicopter as it flies over. A bit more aggressive than I remember the old show to be.

Last edited:
Although I normally do not watch much television, and especially not the "normal" programming (I only watch some automotive specific shows or racing). This thread intrigued me to see the first episode of the new Magnum PI the other night. I was curious how a LADA made its way into any show. I was quickly reminded of why I don't watch TV - horrible waste of time. However they managed to work at least 3 different Ferrari models into the episode, including the destruction of two of them. And all with fake engine/exhaust sounds added. Very sad.

the yellow car in the movie looks more a fiat 125 related..here a nice movie about the 124..probably you alredy seen it..unfortunatelly you cannot understand the voice: it's an "ancient" italian, very poetic

Jim, I remember that "film". :)

Ghost, in the video I especially liked the hand fabrication of the initial bodies for testing. Real craftsman skills. ;)

Back