Dallara Automobili da Competizione

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
This isn't new but I don't recall seeing it mentioned here before (sorry if it has). The X1/9 Dallara isn't the only road worthy car made by Dallara. A couple years ago they presented the "Stradale". Here is the story on it:
https://www.dallara.it/wps/portal/e...-LZW/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/#.XT-E1PLYrIV

I was reminded of it when the current series of "Top Gear" featured it in a recent episode on the BBC America channel. Aside from the interesting car, I found that episode to be very entertaining. Unlike some of the pervious idiots that hosted the show, the current trio are fun to watch. Something of 'fraternity party meets informative car show'.

Interesting choice of engine; Ford 2.3 L four cylinder with a turbo. Based on the old Pinto engine with the Thunderbird turbo package, but naturally a bit more developed. I understand that engine is still very popular with some classes of dirt track racers. In the case of the Stradale, 400 HP in a car that weighs less than the X, and the engineering and technology to cope with it. Fun.

Back