New "to me" Lancia Scorpion

BrettM

1981 RHD X1/9
Recently, I acquired a really cool Lancia Scorpion. This example has had some nice upgrades, one of which is a 2.0L 16v Integrale engine. The car runs amazing and has about the right amount of power to be fun. I look forward to driving this Lancia and improving it as I go along. I need to replace the steering rack bushing sooner than later.

Attachments

• 6501A289-9EA9-42C1-8147-A0699DC4BE69.jpeg
    6501A289-9EA9-42C1-8147-A0699DC4BE69.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 167
Recently, I acquired a really cool Lancia Scorpion. This example has had some nice upgrades, one of which is a 2.0L 16v Integrale engine. The car runs amazing and has about the right amount of power to be fun. I look forward to driving this Lancia and improving it as I go along. I need to replace the steering rack bushing sooner than later.
Pictures of engine bay please!

Very cool, same wheels and roof has mine. My 1976 also has a 2.0 twin cam. But not a 16 V. That is very interesting.
Like others have said, we would live more photos, and info.
AB775A54-5871-4279-83C5-4CDCDEB500F0.jpeg
8148E5DA-364B-45E4-98FB-8A304EB3326B.jpeg

Thanks guys, I will get more photos as I have time. I want to clean things up a bit and fix that bushing. Love your Scorpions! The black one was Mark's once correct? I love the custom spoilers on it. I plan to recess the bumpers on mine and make them black. This was my Scorpion a few years back and it had been done to it. The red car lives at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville.

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 121
The previous owner fitted these nice LED tail lights.

Attachments

• b2575d00-f055-4914-8752-234a3e047614.jpg
    b2575d00-f055-4914-8752-234a3e047614.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 200
Lovely Scorpion, that red one inspired me to tuck my bumpers too. I do like those tail lights, any idea where they came from? Markings?

Thanks guys, I will get more photos as I have time. I want to clean things up a bit and fix that bushing. Love your Scorpions! The black one was Mark's once correct? I love the custom spoilers on it. I plan to recess the bumpers on mine and make them black. This was my Scorpion a few years back and it had been done to it. The red car lives at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville.
Jeff Lane told me last summer that his red Scorpion is for sale. Not sure if it's sold yet, I'd imagine so.

Congrats on the Scorpigrale! Looks like a lot of fun.

Jeff Lane told me last summer that his red Scorpion is for sale. Not sure if it's sold yet, I'd imagine so.

Congrats on the Scorpigrale! Looks like a lot of fun.
Last I spoke to Jeff, it was still available.

Yes it was Marks car. I purchased it last August.

Brett, congratulations, a running driving Scorpion is no small feat. Hope to be on the dragon next year with mine. Is the engine stock?
Ralph

Yes, this is true.

The engine is not stock, this one has a 2.0L 16v twin cam from a Delta Integrale. I'd estimate 150-160 hp, plenty for this car to be fun.
The badges on the engine are not correct, working on fixing that :)

A6B63676-1540-495F-B93B-5776B12E89C4-4K.jpg

That is a nice engine for that car. Unexpected. Transmission from the same source? Cable actuated.

Just need the Lancia cover over the spark plugs :)

Personally have never been a fan of the Biturbo wheels. I left sets on Biturbos I junked rather than keeping for something else. To me they look too much like cheap steelies like people run in north with their winter tire setups. Having them in silver was ok but in gunmetal look even more like cheep steelies. But overall you have a winner for sure.

The front band needs to go silver to complete the black rubber band around the middle dividing the body into an upper and lower half.

I do like the BiTurbo wheels but don’t much care for them in the dark. I wish the rear lights had some color, the blacked out lights just don’t do it for me.

It’s yours, do as you want. It does look rather striking.

Back