Got her going tonight

bwcracing

Daily Driver
It's been a long 3 years since my poor 79 died . I have had my car for 10 years till the trans broke and with kids and life the poor car was parked in the driveway and forgotten about. My twin boys now have their licences and wanted to drive it. So found a old rotted out 82 and stripped it all out . Tonight I got to drive mine for the first time in three years . Tomorrow I'll hand the keys to my boys and they can start their fun times in it. It was all worth it now !

Congratulations, as you said it was worth it. And for what it's worth, three years is nothing in my world of projects waiting to get finished. Enjoy it with your boys.

Congratulations, nothing like resurrecting an old car. I hope they enjoy it and care for it like you do.

Great news! Glad to see another X brought back to life. ...and driving a well sorted X is always fun, but nothing better than driving an X that YOU restored -- feels great, eh?!

and for a first car, they are very crash worthy. I hope it doesn't happen. but if it does it is a safer car for beginning drivers (and being a two seater they won't have a lot of friends in the car to impress)!

The boyz just got their licenses? Geez-Loueez! I think it would be more humane to dose it with gasoline and burn it down in the driveway.

(Congrats on getting it going though...)

Well Yea it does make one cringe to see a car in the hands of a new driver (but do remember we were all their once)

Well Yea it does make one cringe to see a car in the hands of a new driver (but do remember we were all their once)

Put them in a CIVIC... there are plenty of them out there! HA!

Me, it was a '59 Chevy wagon and then a '56 210 Coupe.

Besides, I'm too damn old to remember that far back!

I've mentioned this before, but one of the exxies was my younger daughter's freedom-mobile in high school.... earned her own gas money in a deal to drive one of her friends home after school so the parents didn't have to leave work early... also contributed the small nimble fingers, sharp eyes, and flexible bones required to replace the clutch/brake masters, second pair of hands in multiple transmission installs...

Back