Recent Midwest-Bayless order issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW my own experience with Matt and the MWB team has been very positive. I've placed several large and small orders with them over the past five years and found them to be professional and helpful every time. With some of the products I've emailed/phoned Matt directly for tech support and he was very helpful. One of my orders resulted in the wrong part being shipped (there were two parts which were very similar so we miscommunicated). The item was relatively small and low cost so the MWB team just shipped the right part at no cost to me.

I'm not disagreeing w/RJ80 here -- his experience may have been different than mine. But wanted to put in a good word for the MWB gang because I've been very happy with their service and support.

I will echo my support of Matt and MWB. I have been dealing with Matt before he acquired Bayless and have always found him helpful and responsive.

Guys, no doubt there are thousands of happy MB clients. That's obvious. But that's no reason to dismiss an order that was truly handled very poorly. Any one of us could have arrived in this position -- more will in the future if this is not paid attention to. I have personally had many good experiences with MB, but it's how a company handles the bad ones that defines the brand. In my case, I got an upset email from the company owner, but no real help, just a request for more money up-front to set MB's own mistake right. Matt has yet to respond to my emailed reply, that politely cited where things went wrong.

That's why it's disappointing that MB chose such a path. If the MB policy says it would replace an incorrect part at its cost (which it does) I shouldn't have had this runaround. Just that simple. All I ever wanted was "Sorry for our mix-up, we'll get the correct item to you right away at no cost, please return the wrong one to us with the enclosed shipping label." That's all I wanted!! I don't want free parts and I don't want to destroy the business. I understand the importance of suppliers to our hobby, having owned seven obscure Italian cars thus far, and the last thing I want is another parts business to fall. But that doesn't mean I will allow myself to be taken advantage of.

Maybe I just slipped through the cracks and I will probably continue to order from MB in the future despite the less than optimal outcome this time. I guess MB needs to train its phone workers better and Matt needs to not take things to heart, but learn from what is a fair dose of constructive criticism.

The correct manual I re-purchased should arrive soon. When I'm home from Monterey/Pebble Beach Car Week festivities later next week, hopefully this whole matter will conclude with my refund for the wrong manual. Certainly none of this is life or death, just an irritating inconvenience and more importantly for each and every one of us, an apparent inconsistency with MB's own printed return policy that Matt should be aware of. Now he is.

I certainly didn't mean to ruffle feathers for the sake of ruffling feathers. This was meant as a public service announcement, not some slanderous thread.

I'm glad that many appear to be long-time acquaintances with Matt and MB. Matt pointed out in his email to me that I've been a customer since 2009, but that didn't seem to help my case one bit.

Rory

Great and Friendly service. PERFECTION is something to be strived for. Don't know of anyone alive who has reached that point.

And on that note ...

I'm closing this thread.
All good feedback, and civil too IMHO. Thank you all for that.
I don't want this to evolve into something it was not intended to be.
Thank you all for your understanding. -Bob Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back