Radiator hoses....

There's a section in our wiki listing vendors who sell parts for our cars. The last set of hoses I bought came from Matt Brannon (Midwest-Bayless).

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/Fiat...right-upper-fiat-bertone-x19-1973-88-new.aspx

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of exactly which hose this replaces?

I am trying to replace the hose in the engine that goes down and connects to a spot underneath and closest to to the tire on the passenger side.

I know this sounds vague but I cant seem to find a good diagram in my manual.

Thanks again!

Jeffery

The outer hose (closest to pass side) is the feed to the radiator, so attaches to the upper hose port on the t/stat housing. The actual contour of the hoses seems to vary by year, but connection at each end would not vary.

IMG_0095.jpg

EDIT: this is an upside down shot I took (referencing oil cooler) from underneath. Left in pic is the outer (pass side)

X19_oil_Cooler_Lines3.jpg

You should just order the kit of all the hoses plus the elbow to go from the thermostat housing to the bypass pipe across the back of the engine. This way they are all the same age and will likely last another 30 years.

The ones on my 85 are OE and have so far not been a problem but will be replaced as a group soon when I get my other X on the road.

Back