‘80 X For sale Dallas CL

Hard to say without seeing a *lot* more photos.

It is pretty but there's a lot of work ahead of the future owner. If it was closer and was say less than $1,000, I might want to consider it. But $2500? Never.

Looks like a bit of a mix. Shouldn't the rear number plate illumination come from the rear bumper rather than the 1.3 style side illumination?

Body looks in good condition, depending on how hard it is to register as there is no mention of paperwork I think it looks worth a closer look. If it was local I would be looking closer :)

Looks like a bit of a mix. Shouldn't the rear number plate illumination come from the rear bumper rather than the 1.3 style side illumination?

Body looks in good condition, depending on how hard it is to register as there is no mention of paperwork I think it looks worth a closer look. If it was local I would be looking closer :)
My 86 has the same plate lights.

Owner states mileage is unknown & is negotiable on the price. Seems like a good start point for a project.

How hard will it be to get a title since this car was basically removed from a parking lot, one assumes without the owner's knowledge.

How hard will it be to get a title since this car was basically removed from a parking lot, one assumes without the owner's knowledge.
If it was removed by a towing company, there are rules and procedures the towing company must follow, or you are just stealing a car. I have owned a towing company in florida, and worked for one in ga.

The procedure is simple. Requires certified letters, to the last registered owner and lien holder if there is one. waiting for 30days, then advertising it in the states required method, having an auction and selling the car. The purchaser or the towing company (if the vehicle doesnt sell) can then send the paperwork to the DMV and obtain a clean title.

Last edited:

North America kept the same plate lights throughout.
UK and EU number plates are very elongated compared to NA so they came up with the new design illuminating from below.

IMG_5737.jpeg
IMG_5736.jpeg

Tires don’t match, so definitely rolled over.

Definitely looks like a car worth resurrecting.

Last edited:
If it was removed by a towing company, there are rules and procedures the towing company must follow, or you are just stealing a car. I have owned a towing company in florida, and worked for one in ga.

The procedure is simple. Requires certified letters, to the last registered owner and lien holder if there is one. waiting for 30days, then advertising it in the states required method, having an auction and selling the car. The purchaser or the towing company (if the vehicle doesnt sell) can then send the paperwork to the DMV and obtain a clean title.
Done exactly this in California for a car without a title. Lien sale for parking charges on private property. I still have that car over 30 years later. :)

Too far for me. It sure needs tires! I was thinking it would be a fuel injected car because of the serial number 123xxx but because of the antenna sitting over the place of the injection fan (if...) and the badge x19 5 speed, I think it is carbureted. Am I right in believing the badge changed with the arrival of the fuel injection?

Tires don’t match, so definitely rolled over.

Definitely looks like a car worth resurrecting.
Not necessarily definitive. I had a set of tire dry rot in less than 3K miles... Another set in about 6 years. Or could have been for a flat replacement. I agree it's probably rolled though.

Not necessarily definitive. I had a set of tire dry rot in less than 3K miles... Another set in about 6 years. Or could have been for a flat replacement. I agree it's probably rolled though.
I should have said: worn, mismatched tires… :)

If it weren’t for the holes we have in the rear panel this would be nice to do.
Yeah we discussed that way back when all the cool kids were getting the UK rear fog light switch 🙂
Maybe attach under the rear bumper trim itself and lose the bracket.
Not really worth the effort with the holes of course.

Back