•Time Machine: Fiat X1/9 remembered

I just got my copy today. I was going to give that particular article a read at lunch. Three page article with a beautirul green '74 pictured in a two two-page spread. Great quote in the conclusion:

"Every so often a truly brilliant car comes along. The Fiat x1/9 was one - but too brilliant for it's own good, it seems."

How many of us have felt exactly that way?!?! I might have time this weekend to hit the scanner.

John O.

"Every so often a truly brilliant car comes along. The Fiat x1/9 was one - but too brilliant for it's own good, it seems."

This brings to mind yesterdays getting the x aligned.... next to it at the tire shop was a Toyota Echo.

My x-1/9, 85 Fuel Injected, mostly stock... Windows up and top on will click off 40mpg 65mph mile after mile after mile....

Safety, we all know about the safety of the x as compaired with all the nanny active safety we have now.

The Echo: (sedan) is EPA rated for 38mpg highway.....

Have we really improved anything through technology?

Which would you rather drive?

That is correct... yet now many car folks appreciate this fact or even recognize how good the design of the Exxe really is?

Indeed, the core problem with the Exxe, it was too far ahead of it's time, never allowed to be properly developed in production or as a race car and FIAT never supported it in the way it should have been.

Kinda like a child prodigy that was never give the chance to grow and develop it's inborn gifts with the world. Yet, the truth and beauty of it's design continues to shine for those who recognize it's truth.

Bernice

How many of us have felt exactly that way?!?! I might have time this weekend to hit the scanner.

John O.

Thanks for the synopsis!

I just ordered the issue :)

I just got my copy today. I was going to give that particular article a read at lunch. Three page article with a beautirul green '74 pictured in a two two-page spread. Great quote in the conclusion:

John O.

Back