124 clutch/brake fluid reservoirs

EricH

Eric Hamilton
I have four new unused 124 clutch fluid reservoirs, some of the random non-x1/9 stuff I’ve accumulated over the years. Can these a pair of these be used with the brake master in place of the dual reservoir?

124s have clutch cable so they don't have clutch reservoirs. Did you mean brake reservoirs? Also the spigots on 124 brake reservoirs point down, not to the side as required for Xs.

124s have clutch cable so they don't have clutch reservoirs. Did you mean brake reservoirs? Also the spigots on 124 brake reservoirs point down, not to the side as required for Xs.
Thanks - I thought about tagging you in this post then figured I didn't need to, you'd be on top of it anyways.

It seems the guy who posted this https://www.ebay.com/itm/125775968299 doesn't know what he has (which is no surprise with random ebay sellers) because he calls it a clutch fluid reservoir.

I have four of these and once I'm sure I know what they are I'll be able trying to find a home for them. They have the downwards-pointing spout so either they aren't 124 bits after all, or they are brake reservoirs and two of them can be placed side by side as an alternative to the dual chamber reservoir. Your thoughts?

I have four of these and once I'm sure I know what they are I'll be able trying to find a home for them. They have the downwards-pointing spout so either they aren't 124 bits after all, or they are brake reservoirs and two of them can be placed side by side as an alternative to the dual chamber reservoir. Your thoughts?
The early-type 124 brake fluid reservoirs DO have downward-pointing spouts. A typical example:

https://www.fiatplus.com/BRAKE-FLUID-RESERVOIR-0004234662U-137163/

large-4234662U.jpeg

I have four new unused 124 clutch fluid reservoirs, some of the random non-x1/9 stuff I’ve accumulated over the years. Can these a pair of these be used with the brake master in place of the dual reservoir?
Yes on a 124, I had to go to these when I couldn’t get the early single reservoir on my Sport Coupe many years ago. I think I can get the correct pattern unit once again.

Sounds like I do have four old-style brake reservoirs for a 124 then. They'll be hitting eBay fairly soon unless someone here wants them sooner (in which case they're yours for the postage). And many thanks for clearing this up.

Back