1300 PARTS WANTED

DarrenHNZ

True Classic
Hi Guys

Just had the results back from the long awaited Warrant of Fitness for the lil olde X.

It appears that the previous owner wasn't kind to the old girl resulting in a need for replacement bushes (front end) lower engine mount, toe ends, left front wheel bearing and the obligatory rust under the front wings.

In addition it would appear that I also need a set of gaskets due to a couple of oil leaks.

Oh and the front right calliper is grabbing :)

Given I'm in New Zealand the home of the long white cloud but little to few x1/9 parts where I a best to source these parts in one hit (postage is generally the killer).

I'm not shocked by the amount of work required lets face it I was I looked that good at 39 :)

Any help or direction would be gratefully appreciated

Daz

Maurice Thomson

I bought parts from Maurice Thomson Motors in the past. Might be worth checking them out.

Cheers,

Rob

Welcome, or welcome back Darren...

You have a few other enthusiasts there, especially if you are on the North Island... and at the South end of it...

Ian Lawson is one (but only as a last resort... he's very old) and he may know where to find some parts as well.

The only other source I know of is in OZ, and that would be Steve Cecchele (fiatfactory). I wouldn't imagine shipping would not be so bad from there.

HTH and send photos!

Hi Tony

Tried to find Fiat Factory but doesn't seem to appear in Google. I know Ian lol......lives a couple of hours south of me.

Will post some photo's once I get the girl back on the road.......sourcing parts is the challenge at the mo

Daz, for X parts - try.......!

....Any help or direction would be gratefully appreciated....

.....Mal Simmons (Cambridge), he is good for many Fiat (incl X) parts, and a helpful guy to boot - malsim*fiatparts.co.nz.
Maurice Thomson - Te Awamutu is also a good source.

Strangely enough, I once knew an ex-Pommy firie who lived in Palmy some years ago - he owned an X1/9 back then! He shot thru a few years ago and at that time, I "relieved" him of some of his X parts - he wanted a bloody fortune for these parts, so he "stole" all the cash I had in my wallet at the time - I've never recovered from that burglar bastard since!
You can sometimes find me sitting outside my local pub, with a begging bowl in my hand, mate! :cry:
So, if you are ever down my way - call past my pub and throw a few of your spare $100 notes into my bowl, please!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

I'm seem to remember

you got them for cheap......and arranged a dodgy pick up :) Don't suppose you've got any parts left mate :)

Mainly only light parts, Daz.....

.....Don't suppose you've got any parts left mate :)....

....I've got nothing stashed away in "heavy" parts e.g. suspension bits, steering parts, brake components, etc.
Most bits in my stash are taillight lenses (ex your cleanout), headlamp units, radiator hoses, NOS clutch plate for 1300 X (ex TradeMe), a few dash switches, etc.
Luckily for me, my X was VERY low-mileage when I bought it in 1999 (42000 mls) and I haven't done much mileage in it since then.
So most of the 'heavier' components - suspension, steering rack, etc are still in good nick (never had a knock-back on a WOF inspection yet!).
Give Mal Simmons a call/email - he sometimes comes up with surprises what he has stored away!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back