1973 X19 (one of the first 800 made)

Re: Wheels

Someone PLEASE tell me what these wheels are and where I can get a set for my 74:)

They were made by Low. Very rare to find a set of them available these days. :sad:

Here's a set that we put on the late John Rich's Fiat 128SL Coupe back in the late 1990's:

And a slightly different (wider/deeper dish & small triangular vents) set on his old black/gold 128SL back in the 1970's:

Thanks JEFF

PLEASE let it be known to any and all, Grant Kelly is wanting to purchase/trade for/aquire a set of LOW WHEELS...THANKS

Wheels

Wheels are somewhat similar (but certainly different) to a set of Mille Miglia wheels I have.

I've had these wheels since the '80s and still cant decide if I love them or hate them. But somehow as time goes by, they look more "Italian" and period correct to me.

Never seen another set like them. Anyone ?

IF YOU DECIDE:)

You don't have to hate them . If you just decide you don't love them . I WOULD LOVE TO PUT THEM ON MY 74. Let me know , I,m just south of you. thanks,Grant

Wheels are somewhat similar (but certainly different) to a set of Mille Miglia wheels I have.

I see these for sale all the time in Italy

1973 X19 (one of the first 800 made)
No connection to seller...it's in Italy...
http://www.autobelle.it/annunci/vend...rie_196770.php
looks very clean and original!!

SteveC

My friend has a frog green one that is number 620. Interesting thing about this X is that it does not have the thin SS trim that goes along the trunk and tail lights. I checked & there were no holes in the body work in behind that were welded up by a previous owner who possibility removed the trim.

I must confess

Wow, thanks for the heads up on this sale. But I must confess now. I'm not good at the computer OR Italian ,and could NOT navigate the sight well enough to buy:( This LOW desire has certainly done away with any current possible boredem on my part. Grant:)

a set of Mille Miglia wheels I have.
I've had these wheels since the '80s and still cant decide if I love them or hate them. But somehow as time goes by, they look more "Italian" and period correct to me.

Never seen another set like them. Anyone ?

I think they are cool + must be Magnesium compared to the LOW (aluminum?)

I've always like these Mille Miglia...:italia:

Hey Greg. Nah, I think they are aluminum. Absolutely zero corrosion and zero curb rash. But could use a new coat coat of paint to be pristine. I've always been scared of refinishing magnesium wheels properly....

Yes, I have seen lots of those other Mille Miglia wheels - like the ones you posted a pic of - but never a set like these. Have you ?

They would look great in your museum, wouldn't they ? i'd trade you for something, but I know you won't part with any of your treasures...LOL

Did you get those brackets okay last week ? And what did you think of my newest "secret project" sample ?

i will confess to being a "wheelaholic". I think I now have 7 sets of X wheels (CD27 magnesium, CD31 Daytonas magnesium, Cheviot Daytona wannabees, Maserati Biturbo Fondmetals, the Mille Miglias..) for a single X that doesn't run yet....One of these days I'll have a wheel sale and use the proceeds to get my X finished....

then it must be clear coated polished aluminum when new.
Yours looks mint :)
How light are they...? 12-13lbs...

I've seen them on the Alfa boards & on some of the Auto scout Italy FS ads.
Wheelaholic eh :thumbsup: Those CD27s are very cool especially if you have original caps...

Here's my list off the top of my head...but remember I have 4 runners and I might be forgetting some.

2 sets Trons - 4 sets of complete caps.
2 sets Phonedials
CD30 Abarth (mag)..refurb & mint.
2 sets CD30 repros.
1 set CD31 Daytonas..refurb & mint. (2 CD31 spares with some rash)
1 set Campagnolo 4-spokes...finally!
1 Set 13x6 OZ (complete with caps)
1 Set 13x8 OZ (complete with caps)
1 Set Biturbo 14x6.5
1 set 13x6.5 NOS (never mounted) BWA SportStars ... still new in boxes!
1 set 13x6 Ansen sprint slot mags

and 1 set CD58s in transit from Cali...:thumbsup:

Pretty insane and I'm probably forgetting something.

Package arrived safe & sound! Thanks I'll PM you soon.:)

Hey Greg. Nah, I think they are aluminum. Absolutely zero corrosion and zero curb rash. But could use a new coat coat of paint to be pristine. I've always been scared of refinishing magnesium wheels properly....

Yes, I have seen lots of those other Mille Miglia wheels - like the ones you posted a pic of - but never a set like these. Have you ?

They would look great in your museum, wouldn't they ? i'd trade you for something, but I know you won't part with any of your treasures...LOL

Did you get those brackets okay last week ? And what did you think of my newest "secret project" sample ?

i will confess to being a "wheelaholic". I think I now have 7 sets of X wheels (CD27 magnesium, CD31 Daytonas magnesium, Cheviot Daytona wannabees, Maserati Biturbo Fondmetals, the Mille Miglias..) for a single X that doesn't run yet....One of these days I'll have a wheel sale and use the proceeds to get my X finished....

Back