1975 Fiat X1/9 Bertone for sale

Just my 2 cents...... One Texan to another... Part it out... You can make probably your 800.00 back between the motor and trans and a few other odds and ends like the front grill and spoiler and rear engine cover... No title and a **** ton of rust ain't gonna get ya there... I bought an X sight unseen out of Fl. The car was, to put it mildly... Over-represented... I've been curing cancer on it for almost a year and a half now... Let me know if you decide to part it... I may be interested in a few items... Good luck either way.

Just my 2 cents...... One Texan to another... Part it out... You can make probably your 800.00 back between the motor and trans and a few other odds and ends like the front grill and spoiler and rear engine cover... No title and a **** ton of rust ain't gonna get ya there... I bought an X sight unseen out of Fl. The car was, to put it mildly... Over-represented... I've been curing cancer on it for almost a year and a half now... Let me know if you decide to part it... I may be interested in a few items... Good luck either way.
Thank you for the advice looks like that might happen there's a guy who said that he would pay 500 for it if he can get it ship pretty cheap we'll see you will be the first to know if I part it out . Thank you again good advice is hard to find now days

Toward the beginning of this thread I was thinking the car would not have much rust, and therefore a good project candidate. The license plate says New Mexico and it is currently in Texas, both relatively dry states. Plus from the outside it appeared to be rather solid.
But after seeing the rest of the photos that does not seem to be the case. Unfortunately this is not uncommon for old Fiat's, they rust despite a "dry weather" life. So now you have to wonder what might be hiding under the paint?
The sad part is, having spent so much time in sun drenched states, everything will be completely dried out and sun-rotted. That's the problem we have here in Nevada. Sun damage can be almost as bad as rust damage, in its own way; complete interior (including the foam padding and under carpet layer), all rubber weather-seals and trim, any plastic parts, paint, even chrome, and things like engine/trans seals and gaskets/fuel lines/brake hoses/suspension bushings, etc, etc...it all gets ruined. Actually its not only the sun's UV, but also the lack of humidity that drys everything out.
All of which makes this a complete major restoration project. So as much as I hate to say it, I'd have to agree that you might be best off parting it out (assuming that is something you can and want to do). But I am only speculating based on what I see here. Perhaps someone in your area can help with a second opinion on the extent of rust damage, sun damage, etc.
Also, the title issue differs radically from state to state. So that would depend on where the buyer lives. But in most cases some sort of paper trail is required. At the very least it would make life much easier, even in those few states where a new title can be issued.
My intent is to be helpful here...sorry if it sounds like bad news, just giving my impressions.

Toward the beginning of this thread I was thinking the car would not have much rust, and therefore a good project candidate. The license plate says New Mexico and it is currently in Texas, both relatively dry states. Plus from the outside it appeared to be rather solid.
But after seeing the rest of the photos that does not seem to be the case. Unfortunately this is not uncommon for old Fiat's, they rust despite a "dry weather" life. So now you have to wonder what might be hiding under the paint?
The sad part is, having spent so much time in sun drenched states, everything will be completely dried out and sun-rotted. That's the problem we have here in Nevada. Sun damage can be almost as bad as rust damage, in its own way; complete interior (including the foam padding and under carpet layer), all rubber weather-seals and trim, any plastic parts, paint, even chrome, and things like engine/trans seals and gaskets/fuel lines/brake hoses/suspension bushings, etc, etc...it all gets ruined. Actually its not only the sun's UV, but also the lack of humidity that drys everything out.
All of which makes this a complete major restoration project. So as much as I hate to say it, I'd have to agree that you might be best off parting it out (assuming that is something you can and want to do). But I am only speculating based on what I see here. Perhaps someone in your area can help with a second opinion on the extent of rust damage, sun damage, etc.
Also, the title issue differs radically from state to state. So that would depend on where the buyer lives. But in most cases some sort of paper trail is required. At the very least it would make life much easier, even in those few states where a new title can be issued.
My intent is to be helpful here...sorry if it sounds like bad news, just giving my impressions.
thanks I appreciate it I can part it out I just don't have time to mess with it we are short handed at work were putting in 18 HR days we'll see thank you again

Most cars are going to be worth more parted out fully & this one should be no exception. In fact, I would figure you'd make a profit, not considering the time. But it's a hassle to do for most people and of course I hate to see Italians that could be saved get parted out. I also had figured it was mostly rust free. I'm afraid unless it's a labor of love, the combination of rust and no title is a death blow for most X1/9s. Good luck and let's hope if nothing else the parts get into circulation here.

Most cars are going to be worth more parted out fully & this one should be no exception. In fact, I would figure you'd make a profit, not considering the time. But it's a hassle to do for most people and of course I hate to see Italians that could be saved get parted out. I also had figured it was mostly rust free. I'm afraid unless it's a labor of love, the combination of rust and no title is a death blow for most X1/9s. Good luck and let's hope if nothing else the parts get into circulation here.
If I do part it out it will go on here first you have my word on that y'all have been great thanks

Back