1978 Fiat progress...

Johan

Low Mileage
Hello everybody...

I bought me a fiat X19 1978 Bertone...R14000. Always wanted one and now i finally got one. This all started at a young age. My grandfather and father are huge Italian car fans so there was no room for other cars only Italian.. Since parts for the x19 are hard to find in South Africa or very expensive I would have to build everything from scratch or fibre glass it if possible. Luckily for me my grandfather is a spray painter, sign writing and a very good mechanic. He can make, fix and design anything on an Italian car and have time to tell you the cars history, model and who design it and history of the designer. Well to make a long story short I opted that he should fix the whole car. Here are a few pics of what have been done(not much) The car has only been with him for a day. Will certainly post more as my grandfather progresses.. He is not today's child anymore..hehe!!!

Busy moving the garage....

I’m getting the seats in a week’s time from the upholsterers. Re-trim in black leather.

Thank you

Johan

South Africa

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_14142222.jpg

IMG_14132222.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa Johan.......

you can"t do that man - get us all excited and NO PHOTOS!
Sounds great - love to see the pix...............
Lappy;)

Johan pics 78'

oops...

pictures in my first post...

Is looking a bit hectic now cause we are moving...

cheers

Nice one Johan,

Looks to be in good shape. Thanks for sharing and keep those progress pictures coming! Congrats!

Back