1978 X1/9 For Sale....soon!

bb4re

86X 22,000 miles
I have gotten the itch to sell my X1/9 and move on to another. This is my ninth one, so I am confident that I will find my next pleasure in the near future.

It will be listed on eBay late next week, with what I feel is a very reasonable reserve. If anyone here is interested, I would be willing to sell it in advance for $3800.

1978 X...1300/4spd....40,000+ miles...Gold/Brown...Midwest-Bayless Head and 4-2-1 header, exiting out a quad exhaust (not Fiat, but sounds good). KYBs, H4s with Bob Brown headlamp relay...Stainless expansion tank...185/60-13 Sumitomos with plenty of tread on professionally refinished and machined CD16s, which look better than new...runs great, shifts flawlessly...new calipers and pads...very nice paint that previous owner had done due to some fading...Midwest-Bayless fiberglass bumper blocks and 74-75 front turn signal assemblies...rear trunk wells are solid and dry...There is a dime size bubble in the paint behind a rear wheel. Not offensive...a few minor cracks around the center dash vent, but still better than 90% of the dashes I see...35-40 mpg on the highway. The only mechanical issue I know of is the wheel bearings hum once warmed up. I am including a pair of front wheel bearings with the sale.

This is not a concours car, but a pretty nice driver that won't embarrass you. I will be posting more pics with the auction, but here are a few to start with. The angled pic was taken just before I put the bumper blocks on.

I don't really need to sell this one, just getting a little ADHD like I do...and I must say my favorite part is the thrill of the hunt. :)

Last edited:
A definite maybe...

I'm going to let Scott know you have his old X up for sale again...
I might even consider it myself! (I never learn... :lol: )

Ha! That would be too funny...

....a repeat customer, so to speak. :) Sorry.....NO rats or other vermin come with this one!

You HAD to say it...

Ha!
bb4refreeloadersmtu9.jpg

Back