1979 "beater" X1/9 for sale

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
I had a forum member stop by today to pick up some parts for his project. One of the first things he said was something like:
"You going to part this car out?".

Kinda set me back a moment because I had just come back from about a 75 mile run to a machine shop to pick up parts for a 1938 Fiat 500 A motor I am doing for a client.
Most of them at well over the posted speed limit (the client will appreciate my discount on my time spent).

No, I am not planning on parting it out. Matter of fact, it's a great car that I recently relied upon to go visit my daughter while she was in the hospital, about a 4 hour round trip. It's also the car that we took on the 2023 California Melee this last year. An article about that event has already been posted in Fiat America's F.A.S.T., and was to be published in an upcoming Fiat Club America Ricambi newsletter.
It's also the same car we took to numerous Fiat America driver's schools with the invitation to "try and break it".
And it might just be leading the 2024 Fiat America Leap Day Tour.

How about $2,500.00?
If you live in the state of California it will be sold as a parts car, as it might not pass current California testing.

29 mendicino 36468.7.jpg

19 pit stop 36344.0.jpg

If you would like more information, just ask.

Thank you, Jim, this one definitely piqued my interest. I can't get another car now, but I will be checking back on this one.

Chris - glad you are OK. Hopefully you are commuting to the hospital for work and not because of the accident!

I am commuting to the hospital because Brookie is still there. And it looks like she will be, for a while.
I am OK, but I need to make an appointment with my doctor about a few issues that have arisen.
I also need to keep working, rent's due real soon! Along with some other reoccurring bills and invoices.

No deals on the beater X. As it is I am giving it away well under my investment, and I need it as my daily driver has left for Prius heaven.

I think she's beautiful! I'd be willing to seriously consider this X in a few weeks. I'll let you know if there's any info or pictures I'd like.

Bless your family and this car, sounds like it's been dependable for you in a time of need.

Back