1980 Fiat X1/9 clean original - $2100 (OBO west Madison)Craigslist (Not Mine)

calabronebertone

True Classic
Posted yesterday :italia:

1980 Fiat X1/9 clean original - $2100 (OBO west Madison)

Date: 2012-09-10, 5:35PM CDT
Reply to this post Reply to: bqtjt-3263337571*sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1980 X 1/9 with larger 1500cc engine and 5-speed. 98,120 miles, stored from 1994 till 2010. $3200 work of work done to car in August, 2010 to get back on road. Targa top (stores in frunk). An original car in decent shape. Worth every penny of this low price, parts are cheap, good mechanics abound.

2010 Updates (approx. 97,000):
• complete new clutch: clutch disc, slave cylinder, resurface flywheel, new pressure plate, throwout bearing
• new timing belt, belts and hoses
• new rear seal and timing belt idler bearing
• new engine torque rod
• brakes sorted out and refreshed as needed
• new 195/60 rear tires, new 185/60 front tires
• gas tank removed and coated at Judds
• new exhaust
• fresh tune-up: Bosch spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, wire set
• new fuel filters
• new LF spindle
• new RF and LR strut

and I did the following work this summer to make it a daily driver:
• clutch master cylinder
• soldered new diodes so headlights go up/down reliably
• installed brand new Weber 34DAT carb with water choke
Note: car has been desmogged and a dozen vac lines, EGR, carb fan have been removed.

The good , bad and ugly:
Good: Starts instantly, runs well, drives like a go kart, 30+ mpg, loads of fun with top off. All original and overall really decent shape for this type of car. Decent paint, but could certainly be redone. 90s style AM-FM cassette radio.
Bad: crack in windshield (low, doesn't impair visibility), seat covers, crack in dash. scratch and dent flaws on exterior. One fender mis-matched color. Fuel gauge inop, all other features work. Very small oil drip from oil pressure sensor.
Ugly: only one small rust through spot on lower left rear qtr panel from gas can being carried in the trunk. Otherwise, very clean in frame (was rust-proofed) and no rust in the usual (important) areas like windshield, strut towers, etc.

This was supposed to be a father-son project this summer that was really 100% father. I don't need to sell, but would like someone to enjoy this car now that it is back on the road. Email with questions, or call if in a big hurry. Will be completely honest in anything that I know about this car. six oh eight, 4 four 4, 88 five six. $2100 or best offer in September.

5N55Ed5K13I63J33o4c9a7036bbbf3887130e.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3263337571

This is my X...

I learned alot this summer from this forum and had fun getting this car back on the road. Unfortunately, just too many cars and projects make it time for this X to head down the road. For better or worse, I took a '86 Corvette in trade on a Suburban that I no longer had use for. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if I can (or want to) make the transition from an X to this beast.

I didn't ask alot of $$ and have a buyer from Michigan, so as of tonight I'll say car is sold.

Again, hats off to all you folk that makes this the coolest car forum on the web, I will have another X when i simplify things a bit!

Chris

Father/son projects...

Was laughing when I saw your father/son comment.
My father/son project is also a father project now :)

Back