RED X19

Interior is nearly done
Fancy fake leather left a bit, can’t decide to use it for headliner or upholster spare tires space, more likely spare tires place it will be
8D2591A5-D439-42BF-AF55-952F9A65300B.jpeg
4B7CE6C0-0B44-4044-8249-E34CF4CA0474.jpeg
7F73C0DB-2947-49E1-8392-7ABF4E525648.jpeg
26D27916-89C1-4B79-AC57-2B92CE41274F.jpeg

Janis, that is looking great!
I really like the diamond stitching on the floor cover, is it actually carpet or upholstery material?

Good looking... except for the front left tire that look flat:D

Suspension look a little high. I would try to drop it a little, at least in front (cutting the springs) unless you have plan for a coilover in the futur.

I like the front air dam but I will have to get used to the "no-grill" in the front.

A lot of work in a short time, congrats!

Yes, definitely a lot of great work in a short time.
And look, rain - not snow. Is it beginning to warm up a little there already? I hope so since you don't have the garage to work in now.
I also see you went back to the standard type headlights. Everything looks excellent, nice work.

I like that. I am looking for a similar muffler but a little bit smaller to be fitted behind the rear grill. Is it a standard 3 port muffler or did you add the third port in the middle?

I like that. I am looking for a similar muffler but a little bit smaller to be fitted behind the rear grill. Is it a standard 3 port muffler or did you add the third port in the middle?
It is standart Simons muffler, from “universal catalog”, it is a company from Sweden. This muffler cost to me with good discount 60€-80€.
Can try to look in both catalogs, may find one that could fit as You need

https://simons.se/?changeLang=2

Last edited:
It is standart Simons muffler, from “universal catalog”, it is a company from Sweden. This muffler cost to me with good discount 60€-80€.
Yes I know Simmons, they and Ferrita are the biggest manufacturers here in Sweden. You got a very good price. Your muffler costs about 150 EUR in Sweden. The muffler is a little bit too big for my setup as I am going to mount it as high as possible, right behind the grill. I found another much smaller Simmons muffler on Facebook Market (just 25 EUR brand new ) but I think the car will be too noisy with that one. I need to meet the Swedish track restriction of max 95 Db. I will have a look at Ferrita as well. They are big in motorsport so they probably have something that meets the demands.

Yes I know Simmons, they and Ferrita are the biggest manufacturers here in Sweden. You got a very good price. Your muffler costs about 150 EUR in Sweden. The muffler is a little bit too big for my setup as I am going to mount it as high as possible, right behind the grill. I found another much smaller Simmons muffler on Facebook Market (just 25 EUR brand new ) but I think the car will be too noisy with that one. I need to meet the Swedish track restriction of max 95 Db. I will have a look at Ferrita as well. They are big in motorsport so they probably have something that meets the demands.
Same 95db here, doesn’t turbo make it less noisy?

doesn’t turbo make it less noisy?
Definitely. Some production turbo vehicles do not use any muffler. The remaining exhaust pipes and catalytic converter make it quiet.

Bjorn, would it be possible to do a little test? Assemble everything without any exhaust beyond the point of where a muffler would go (i.e. only have the exhaust system up to where a muffler will be), and run the engine to actually measure the dB levels (with the temporary "open" system). Then you know how much attenuation is needed to bring it down below the regulated 95 dB. The muffler manufacturers can tell you what is necessary to accomplish that. You might be surprised how little is needed.

Definitely. Some production turbo vehicles do not use any muffler. The remaining exhaust pipes and catalytic converter make it quiet.
Yes there are cars that manage the 95dB limit without a muffler such as Abarth 595. But they have a CAT. Lucky for me no X1/9 and UT Mk1 with CAT were imported to Sweden so I will save money and gain some hp by not adding a Race CAT. It's a good idea to try with a straight pipe. I will manufacture a "side pipe" from turbo to rear grill and then measure dB. Then I can easily add more tubes and a muffler if needed.
Thanks for input.

Nice job!

I like the tray you built above the muffler. The gap it leaves above it will help vet the radiator out the back. Combine that with a rear grill between the taillights and you should have plenty of exit for the hot air.

If the long muffler hanger bracket gives problems, then you might need to reinforce it with gussets here:

EC76D0DA-2D06-4066-AB46-D3C37B283072.jpg

I should change that rod for stainless and weld it, didn’t have 10mm stainless rod in the box “scrap that could be useful”.
It is hanging stiff enough.

Back