1982 X 1/9 for sale

Roobus

Orange "K"rusader
1982 X 1/9 for sale (sold)

I revived an X this past winter that had been sitting for 10 years. It was my winter project and now I'd like to sell it. I nicknamed the car "Rusty" and all areas of rust were gone over with POR15 and fiberglass. It's not perfect, but it does run and drive now and may be a good start for someone wanting to finish and make it their own.

The 1500Fi engine and tranny were removed. 5 speed tranny was rebuilt, all gears work, even so, it does leak a bit. New rotor, cap, plugs and wires. New clutch and brake masters, along with hoses. New slave cylinder. New clutch and pressure plate, flywheel resurfaced. New water pump, all new belts. New fuel pump, fuel filter. New brake calipers, pads and hoses. Basically, everything to make it go and stop has been replaced with new.

The cable for speedometer was broken and the original tach did not work correctly. These were replaced with a GPS speedometer and tach made by SpeedHut. I upgraded the headlights to H4 and put in relays. Added relays for the wipers, and did the brown wire mod.

Things it may need. It does need new shocks and springs, although what's on it right now is working. Interior has good seats, but is "bare bones". It could use new weather stripping all around, as it does leak slightly in the pouring down rain. No radio, no glove box. Also, no key for the door locks, which I know is a bummer, but maybe the new owner can figure out.

phone2014153_zps85174577.jpg

phone2014096_zps825e40b8.jpg

121213022_zpsf1020a82.jpg

The car originally had 92,000 miles on the odo, I have put 700 miles on it since getting it back up and running. Again, it's not perfect and there will probably be more work to do for the new owner, but the majority has been completed.

$1,000 is what I'm asking, and I'm firm on that price. I've spent double getting it to where it's at right now, so this is actually a pretty good deal, IMO. I just want to get it to someone who will keep letting it survive. All spare and some original parts are included. Another project is looming, need space.

Gerald
sport_rider*live.com
253 350 5280
Orting, WA

Last edited:
exer

good buy.
I'd like to know more about the gages. I am building mine with 124-850 dash style and I am intrigued with the speedo and tach.
thanks
mikemo90*aol.com

Back