1985 Fiat Bertone X-1/9 75K Original miles $4,000

Little_308

Low Mileage
Thanks for looking at my 3rd owner, rust and accident free X1/9 with 75,000 original miles. I will email you CARFAX confirming that. Twice I have driven this car to Monterey from OC and it was a complete joy. It has been reliable, fun and easy on gas. As our friend/neighbor just sold her town-house, I no longer have a garage to store it in. Now I’m parking it outside and my condo association is being a major pain; no car covers allowed and I can’t leave it in one space for more than 72 hours etc. Regrettably, it’s time to face the music and find “Magnum Jr.” a new home.

Exterior:
1 year old paint in “Rosso Scuderia” red (Ferrari factory paint code)
Car was completely sanded down to original primer. PPG paint was used with Glasurit clear coat.
New windshield!
Custom "early X1/9" style front turn signal lights

Wheels/Tires:
Freshly restored Italian made "Iron Cross" aluminum wheels
New Zinc plated lug bolts
Sumitomo tires with approximately 2000 miles wear
New spare tire; zero miles on it

Brakes:
New master cylinder
New wheel cylinders
New pads
New brake lines

Interior:
Seats reupholstered by Roberto’s in Costa Mesa CA. New Porsche basket weave insert material used
Seat rails cleaned and greased
NOS door panels installed last year
Steering column dismantled, cleaned and lubed
All electrical gauges and dummy lights work including the clock
New fuel tank sender unit for fuel gauge

Engine:
Absolutely 100% reliable: No over-heating
Starts cold or hot the instant you turn the key
Valves adjusted a few thousand miles ago at Ital Mechanica in Huntington Beach CA
New Cap/rotor/wires/coil/plugs
Compression: 140, 90, 135, 141.

Complete cooling system overhaul including:
New send/return tunnel pipes
All hoses replaced
All hose clamps replaced with German made Wurth clamps
Radiator professionally boiled
New Thermostat
New Coolant temperature sender
New Coolant gauge sender

Transmission:
5 Speed works smooth and flawless. No problems what so ever.
I recently disassembled and lubed the shifter mechanism.

Clutch:
New master and slave cylinder
The pedal assembly has been completely dismantled, cleaned and lubed
(And to answer your question, “Yes…my back is still sore from this project!”)

Comes with:
Original owner’s manual and additional shop manual
Original emergency jack and lug wrench
New Speedo Cable in unopened bag as the current one makes an awful noise from being too dry
Original rain-tray that fits to the underside of the engine lid

Other small projects that I recommend:
Get extra set of keys made
Driver-side door lock is temperamental; needs to be addressed if you want to lock it.
Connect window washer pump.
Wire fog and front turn signal lights which body shop never re-connected.

The title is clear and is currently on Non-Operation status.
Buyer will have to smog the car when taken off Non-Op status but that won’t be a problem as it has all of its original emission’s equipment. It failed smog the last time due to two reasons: I forgot to reconnect the breather hose to the charcoal canister, and the idle speed was high. The actual emissions part passed, and I have the paper work to show this is the case.

One last item, the rear bumpers shown in the photos are no longer with the car. They are actually stock front bumper pads from a Jeep which you can be easily obtained on eBay etc.

AS WITH ANY CAR, NO SUBSTITUTE EXISTS FOR INSPECTING IT IN PERSON. I will do everything I can to accommodate you looking at the car and driving it if you’re serious. No return, guaranties or warranties of any kind are included. Call with questions 714-390-8886 or email me directly zgermainz*yahoo.com

Seat material

The Porsche basket weave insert material looks really sharp!! Good looking car!!

Back