2012 500 blowing the interior light fuse

JKIDD

Auto Addict
Lights were working last week. Pulled the fuse under the dash & it was blown. Instantly blew the next 2 fuses. I disconnected the light assy before I put in the 2nd fuse but still blew instantly. Any thoughts?

Lights were working last week. Pulled the fuse under the dash & it was blown. Instantly blew the next 2 fuses. I disconnected the light assy before I put in the 2nd fuse but still blew instantly. Any thoughts?
A seemingly extraneous wire going to ground.

Is there another light in the trunk? Have you checked the last little bit of wire before the fixtures? Pulled the door switches for the two doors and the trunk?

Really depends on how they do the circuits. Is it grounding a relay or actually carrying current through the switches like they used to. On my Hondas I believe it is grounding a relay as the relay does other stuff.

No lights in the trunk area or switch I can see. No chaffed wires there. Wires from the light console look OK. Everything else seems to work, so I'm not sure how much effort I'm putting in right now. Gearing up for inspection time for the household. 10 vehicles in total over the next few months...

Back