2015 Fiat 500 Abarth automatic - Official

gary0006

Daily Driver
Not sure if the Abarth purists will like this but now there is an automatic option.

from press release:
Production Begins for 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth with New Automatic Transmission

Specially tuned automatic transmission maintains high-performance legacy of Abarth models while delivering accessible performance to more customers Six-speed automatic transmission is paired with the 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine to deliver up to 183 ft.-lb. of torque and 157 horsepower

2015 Fiat 500 lineup features interior updates and arrives in studios later this summer

June 23, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The high-performance 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth and Abarth Cabrio, now offering an optional six-speed automatic transmission, begins production today at Toluca Assembly Plant in Toluca, Mexico.

The Abarth's optional six-speed automatic transmission, new for 2015, is mated to the track-proven 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine to deliver up to 183 ft.-lb. of torque and 157 horsepower.

5 pictures and full press release

A specific example of the wussie world we live in today.

When Kuniskis mentioned that the Abarth was not available as an automatic at Fiat Freakout 2012 in Nashville, TN, I stood up in the back of the room and yelled "SO WHAT" "There are 300 Fiat drivers in this room than can teach all the hipsters how to drive stick."

Kuniskis provided no response.

MAYBE...

MAYBE SAGGY PANTS INTERFERES WITH THE CLUTCH LEG? 2nd the motion for SAD...Probably an excellent market move, just SAD ,that's all. Wouldn't saggies want the lounge model anyway?

A 6 speed DCT would have technically been a performance upgrade. Not sure why they put a DCT in the 500L and the Abarth gets a slushbox. Doesn't seam to make a lot of sense.

I imagine the automatic will attract more buyers, with only about 7% of sales in the US going to standard transmissions. $$ talks.

Bad idea

They do the auto because it is cheap and they want to sell more cars to urban folks and women. That simple.

Way to water down the Abarth brand FIAT. This along with dismal resale makes me second guess buying a FIAT. Love the car, not so much the company.

A specific example of the wussie world we live in today.

Kev your're a Jeeper... look at what's happening to that community :(

God bless the automatic JKUs.
many cite OLD AGE and the body breaking down & not being able to cope with the clutch pedal anymore...
different strokes.
sticks will be extinct before we know it.
Next up automatic steering...:huh2:

Last edited:
more sales would be a good thing

I am still loving my 2012 Abarth, bought new in May '12 and currently has a tick over 23K miles. One normally can't depend on high resale at front end, but I'm holding onto mine... they only made approx 2500 of the "MK1"s (I think). I bought the car because I love Fiats... like the song says, "fool that I am, I'd do it all over again"...

No mods to speak of on mine, except for a different shift knob. How are you doing with the MM power pedal, etc., Brett?

Back