500x manuals

dragonsgate

True Classic
Looking for a repair manual for the 500x. Hard copy manuals seem to be a thing of the past. Anyone have some input on the disk version?

I bought the official manual (on a flash drive) for my 500e and I do not like it. There copy protection is quite heavy handed; You read the manual in your web browser, and the copy protection scheme disables the computer's internet connection. You can not have the manual open in one tab and search the web for parts etc. in another tab (or another browser). You can print from the manual, but you are prevented from printing more than a page or two from each article. I have also noticed that some of my browser settings are changed when I open the manual, and they are not changed back when I close it.

Finally, everything is broken into small articles. You can not leaf through the transmission section, for example. You have to read a little snippet, then go back to the index and find the next little snippet.

I have seen some less-than-official looking manuals from Europe on eBay. Perhaps the European and US cars are similar enough that a European manual can be used.

I bought the official manual (on a flash drive) for my 500e and I do not like it. There copy protection is quite heavy handed; You read the manual in your web browser, and the copy protection scheme disables the computer's internet connection. You can not have the manual open in one tab and search the web for parts etc. in another tab (or another browser). You can print from the manual, but you are prevented from printing more than a page or two from each article. I have also noticed that some of my browser settings are changed when I open the manual, and they are not changed back when I close it.

Finally, everything is broken into small articles. You can not leaf through the transmission section, for example. You have to read a little snippet, then go back to the index and find the next little snippet.

I have seen some less-than-official looking manuals from Europe on eBay. Perhaps the European and US cars are similar enough that a European manual can be used.
Thanks, You have confirmed my suspicions about the disk versions. This car is my wife's and we got a pretty good warranty on it for a used car but it drives me crazy not knowing how it all the stuff works. I have always had cars that I could start by simply running a wire from the battery to the coil. With this thing, it is dead in the water with out the fob. I thought about an EV but I imagine the factory built ones are even more complicated. I don't like a lot of bells and whistles. I converted my 84 X19 to electric and like it not only for the ride but know pretty much how to fix it.

Back