6.5 wide wheels...

DanielForest

True Classic
Hi,I'm in no hurry. Have to put back the engine in, first. But since I want to compete in GP in Solo 2, the widest wheel I'm allowed are 6.5 inches, which is not a common size. Anybody have an idea where I could find those in 13 x 6.5 with a low positive offset, or even a negative one? Only ones I found are Revolution 3 pieces, but with no specs about the offset (and no pricing either).

I know Pete in Toronto got a set of Daytona's in that size, but I don't thing he's willing to sell them ;-(

I even looked at some other bolt patterns, but even then the choice is really limited (no, I can't go to 15", illegal in GP for the X1/9) and there are all for FWD with offset ranging in the 40-45mm. Only interesting ones are for the Alfa GTA (Chris Obert got them), but they are expensive and I will have to use spacers or re-drill the wheels in 98mm.

I could stick with my 13x6 wheels but that is limiting my tire choice.

Daniel Forest
Montreal

I think the BWA's I just picked up are either 6 or 6.5's I'll check and post any info provided on the rims.

Maserati Bi turbo wheels come in 6, 6.5, & 7. I know where a set of 6.5" ones are if your interested. Oh but they are 14x6.5... so might not work.

ahh...I see now that 15's are out

what about 14's?

I know there are some Alfa wheels out there in that size...One of them looks very much like a revolution racing wheel too. They may be 4/108 though. I'll do some digging through some old catalogs for pics.

T

Last edited:
Revolution contact

I recently purchased 13x7 revolution wheels and the US distributor was very good. About $220 ea. for the 4 spoke wheel with nuts and caps. Let me know if interested and I will look up the distributor and forward their contact data.
Bob T.

I recently purchased 13x7 revolution wheels and the US distributor was very good. About $220 ea. for the 4 spoke wheel with nuts and caps. Let me know if interested and I will look up the distributor and forward their contact data.
Bob T.

He is limited to 6.5" for the class he wants to drive his car in I believe. OH but they might have options...

I don't think Revo does 6.5"

6.5" is an uncommon size, here in Europe as well.
I think you may have to look into customs race rims such as Keizer.

Thanks for the links!

Yup,

I was forgotting the Keizer and the Diamond wheels. I already have a set of Diamond wheels, but in 13x9 and 13x11.

I don't like the look of the Diamond wheels, but hey! it's just for racing...

The rules allowed me to go to 13" or 14", but I don't believe in 14" I will get as much tire choices in the really low profile I would need in that size. Also the Maserati wheels have a high positive offset I think.

Revo is making a 6.5 but in the more expensive 3 pieces wheels.

But thank you, this is giving me alternatives. If you find something special, let me know!

Daniel Forest
GP 1980 black X1/9
DSP 1987 white Bertone X1/9

Back