74 Grill In perfect shape

Matt also had this on ebay a couple of times in the last couple of months... I was watching and I want it...as this is exactly what our Australian spec 1978 series 1 serie speciale had fitted...it didn't sell twice.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290598181933?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I still want it...but the shipping cost and risk of shipping something this fragile is putting me off... my grille is nearly perfect anyway... it has two almost un noticable cracks, but no pieces missing.

If you can sell your for what you want JJ good luck... given the current economic climate I think your being a little optimistic though...

SteveC

Steve I have heard the shipping to Australia is outrageous but if you're on the fence you will regret not getting the one Matt has...I've shipped a couple 75-78 grills wrapped in foam so I don't think damage would be an issue.

It will sell eventually...Unobtainium always comes at a very high price.

Same with JJs...if you have a 74 that is a very rare piece in that condition.

And here is another VERY COOL Unobtainium piece from Matt >>> http://www.midwest-bayless.com/stor...l.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=193773&i=266581816

Thanks Greg you proved my point. As yes those are all fantastic. They are not original 1973-74 Grills. The reason I ask so much for it is that I know it will cost that much to replace if I get another early car and that piece is broken... Eventually this part will find a home.:)

The reason I ask so much for it is that I know it will cost that much to replace if I get another early car and that piece is broken...

If you're so worried about being able to replace it if you get another early car with a damaged grille, then why are you even selling this one? Doesn't make any sense. :dunce:

Simple. I could use the Money. If later I need one I can use those said funds to replace... Simple math...

Simple. I could use the Money. If later I need one I can use those said funds to replace... Simple math...

True except chances are the $ for the same grill in equal condition in the future will most likely be more $$$ right? I tend to do the same thing however mainly cuz I don't have the room to keep all the spare parts I think I will or might need in the future.

I agree. Like what do I do with the 15 sets of used brake calipers? If I spend the money to rebuild them and refresh them they are worth money but then I am tasked with the job of attempting to sell them. They will not remain in good usable condition forever. Or do I attempt selling them as used and in need of a rebuild? I have them from Hugos, 128s, X/19s and Scorpions.. Funny thing is they all look the same and I cant tell appart...:cool:

Back