74 Model electrical ????s Relay for Radiator, And No Brake lights or turn signals..

jjay911

True Classic
Ok the Dallara bodied replica is running and driving. Question. I am looking in the book on the Radiator relay. It looks like a relay with 3 plugs. Where is that relay on the car? I see some relays next to the headlights. Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to make sure I have all of this. Also I dont have brake lights or blinkers. Any Ideas??? Thanks... JJ

This is for a 74 X...

I guess I should have asked for Help in my Subject line... :wall:

No brake lights and No radiator fan worky......Please helpy....:wall:

Separate circuits JJ...

A start: Break out a DC Volt meter.
Check the obvious. (fuses)
Check for +12V on one side of your foot pedal switch. If it's there, check for switch operation. (+12V will pass through) If it's NOT there, go back to the fuse box.
If the switch is working but the lights still don't, check the grounds in your engine bay on left and check for +12V at the brake light socket when the brakes are depressed.

Your fans in the front are activated by a relay activated by your rad thermal switch.
Check the thermal switch at the left side of the radiator. (plugged in?)
You can jump a short to the plug that attaches to the thermal switch. Shorting the plug activates the relay and kicks on your fans.
Give that a try and report back the results. Good luck!

Ok the Dallara bodied replica is running and driving. Question. I am looking in the book on the Radiator relay. It looks like a relay with 3 plugs. Where is that relay on the car? I see some relays next to the headlights. Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to make sure I have all of this. Also I dont have brake lights or blinkers. Any Ideas??? Thanks... JJ

This is for a 74 X...

Jeff,

On the break lights; IF you haven't already, I would (just to be safe) check all your grounds for rear light assemblies as your original ground points no doubt have fresh new on em ;)

Back