77 FS in Chicago

Sleeper

Sean Costello
I have this posted at Chi-FLU but didn't get much interest, so I'm posting it up here.

I'm moving out of Chicago at the end of the week and can't take the car with me as she won't start and I haven't had the time to diagnose the problem. I've been busy with job interviews and preparing for the move.

She ran a few weeks ago but now I can't get her to start. I charged the battery on a battery tender and still no luck. The engine turns over (but won't fire), I can hear the fuel pump and see fuel in the fuel filter, and I can get her going on ether but only for a few seconds.

On to the details...

I'll start with the bad:
-is not starting
-nose is dinged up from city parking
-dash has cracks
-there are some areas of rust (front air dam, small rocker spots, underneath the hood)
-needs a paint respray
-needs new door seals
-no wiper arm assemblies (though the motors are there and work)
-had rough idle until warmed up

The "indifferent", depending on how you plan to use the car:
-interior is gutted (no carpets or door cards)
-no radio (you wouldn't be able to hear it anyway)
-lexan rear window

The good:
-new thermostat
-new alternator/water pump belt
-new cap/rotor/plugs/wires
-new battery
-new clutch slave cylinder
-aluminum radiator
-sway bars front & rear
-including a brand new starter that hasn't been installed

Links to pictures:
- when I first purchased it
- the damage from the dent, before repair
- how she stands now

The black stripe on the front is from when somebody backed into me and didn't leave a note. We sanded away the paint and welded a rod to the damaged area and try to pull out the dent as much as we could. We also massaged some of the dent out from behind. The area still needs more work, but it's a lot better than what it was. I have the badges from the front and rear; they're just not installed.

I'm asking $700 OBO.

You can contact me by replying to this thread, sending me a PM, emailing me at scostel2 at gmail dot com, or calling me at (two one seven) eight four eight - two four nine four . If you call and I don't answer, please leave a message. Texting works too.

Thanks for your interest. Please help save this car from the junkyard!
-Sean

Back