'77 shell and parts $250 OBO

sdlsaginaw

Steven Lawson
This is a 1977 shell which was going to be for my son prior to my buying greenX and selling him blackX. It was MikeM's which he did some rustproofing on prior to storage. It appears structurally sound. Most surface rust pits were treated by Mike and primered. The cowl has rust-throughs but don't appear to be into the cabin. Panel behind drivers door needs a piece of metal. Windshield is cracked.

It comes with a great uncracked dash, worth the cost of the whole car. It also comes with two transmissions of unknown condition. Also has a '74 engine lid set. Price does NOT include front spoiler and grill, but DOES include the plastic radio pod in the picture.

For an additional $200 I'll include the front spoiler and grill.

I can get more pictures if interested.

ee0eeef6.jpg

932b9fc2.jpg

710b4027.jpg

UPDATE

Wow, lots of replies!

Here's the deal. For this whole week, until next weekend, I'll take firm $250 for the shell or $450 for shell with front spoiler/grill. I would rather someone buy it to fix rather than scrap.

If no offers at that time I'll piece it out, but not before. Bob Brown already has dibs on the dash and center console if I do.

Not always, Tyrone,

I think Greg Pope deserves the crown. :king:

Last edited:
Good stuff!

They were always my favorite of all the mustangs. Back in 1981 I had a friend who owned 2 Boss 302's in primo condition, her brother owned a Shelby GT500 and so did the dad. The brother use to call my 69 SS Camaro junk.

Dibs?

I'm just a couple of hours up I-5. I picked up another project car this weekend and its in worse shape then I thought it would be, including the fact that I *might* not get a clean title to it, so its looking like I need another shell, one with a clean title... (I'm not picky on year :)

fwiw, my new project car bought in CA, seller ended up with a notice saying his title is not complete because they need a smog cert, but car is torn apart with no engine, so it isn't ever going to pass smog... but Oregon won't title the car without a clear CA title) After a drive with camper and trailer all the to south LA after being told that clear title was no problem, I'm a bit unhappy... bought it anyways because I didn't want to waste the trip and I've already committed to other bits of the project.

I'd also need to sort through what both cars have, but would re-part extra items that others need...

I was about to jump on this but Brett I think you need it more than I do. Is this the replacement for Mellow Yellow?

Brett if you don't take it I'll jump in for seconds.

***Thread Hi-jack Warning***

Not really the Mellow Yellow replacement, but...
Mellow Yellow was the nice driver. While it was still whole I'd hatched the idea to take on a major restomod project, while keeping Mellow Yellow as-is. Way too nice to rip apart to do what I wanted.
I have another discussion in the works to get me into a nice driver X while working on the project car - but that is SO AWESOME that I want to wait to announce that until it's done. It will also use some parts from Mellow Yellow to put it on the road... :)

The shell I bought in California might still work out for the project car, the seller has committed to take care of it on his end, he thinks that AAA can help him out. I don't think they handle anything like that here in Oregon. I don't know what they can do, California DMV has to issue the actual title... seems like they *should* be able to issue a title, but without plates or registration that allows it on the road??? I don't know the provisions for doing that and am feeling pretty "exposed" in that regard.

The restomod project will go by the name "Xtra" or "X-tra" for a variety of reasons, but starting with the fact that I have been "extra blessed" in my car ownership, relationships, this forum, financially (not rich, but I grew up poor with a family on food stamps, so the idea that I could build a car because I *want* to, and not just to have something to get to work is significant to me) etc. Also the car will have "extra" power (K20) and be "extra" wide (Eurosport body kit). My version of the ultimate X. Want to make it nice enough to do well at car shows against Vettes and other restored classics. Figure it'll take me 2-3 years at least to get it done though. It'll have its own thread on the forum.
More to the point on this thread though, the "ultimate X' should have a clean title when its done :)

Anyways, the seller is working on that over the next couple of days and I'll know soon.
Sounds like either way the car will make a trip north on I-5 if bpimm or I take it. Hoping you two can be patient while I figure out if I'm getting a clean title or not...

I'm in no rush, besides I just had another offer for of another x so I may be looking into that one. sounds like this one may be up for grabs still. It's a hell of a deal.

Steven, is the car still available? I ran into a friend this weekend that is interested in looking at it.

Back