'77 X-1/9 for sale

KarenT

Low Mileage
I have a 1977 X that has been a long term project car and I am not going to be able to finish it for personal reasons and I'm putting it up for sale. I have collected all the parts needed to complete the car with the exception of the rear brake calipers and a new windshield. The old windshield has been removed is intact and resting in place but for the trouble involved I wouldn't have put the old windshield back in. The majority of the work has been done with POR-15 and rust isn't an issue for this car. The car and parts will be sold together so that it can be completed. The parts include a fresh rebuilt carb, front calipers, front wheel bearings and seals with lower control arms and tie-rod ends (drivers side assembled w/old caliper), set of 6 stock rims with new tires, main brake line (extra), timing belt cover assembly, and more. The seats are in amazing shape and the buckets have been painted with POR-15 to inhibit new rust. Nearly every available english repair manual including electrical diagrams, etc., also included. It's a 'must see to appreciate' thing and worth every penny of the $2300 asking price. It's located in Salem, Oregon. The mileage is uncertain but 98839.3 is the odometer. If you'd like to arrange to look at it my contact # is 503-798-0328. -Karen T

Sorry to hear...

It looks like you've had that car for quite a while now, (close to 8 years?) and have done a lot of good work to it.
Your asking price appears to be in line with a car in that condition.
Sorry things haven't worked out regarding the repair. We haven't heard from you a lot regarding this project, but I hope someone here steps up on what appears to be a potentially good restoration.

Everything Bob said...

A damn good start and your efforts show. Hopefully someone will come along and continue the project. Sorry it must leave you...

Thanks

It would have felt like giving up a few years ago, but I'm ok with it today. The repair/restoration of the plastics either side of the engine is the best part. I used sheet metal and POR-15 and it's almost imposible to tell. Also, I rebuilt the pedal assembly as well using POR-15 and it won't rust out again. I wanted to duplicate the grills under the windshield in aluminum with flat black powdercoat and do 3 or 4 sets and sell the extras, but that's not going to happen now. Anyway, thanks for the notice, ultimately I'd just like to see someone finish it. It was junkyard fodder when I got it and I think I've brought it back from the brink. I'm a master tinkerer and have done some impressive work for a 'shade tree' wrench jocky, but I'm no auto mechanic. This is a really great forum community.

Back