850 Brake Caliper - Spyder vs Sedan - Same or Different?

derekg

Howdy folks,

I picked up a 1973 850 Spyder and started rebuilding the brakes. The same seller later offered my a 1968 850 Sedan, which I also bought. Now I am selling the Spyder to make room. I pulled the Sedan calipers and they have the numbers 100GC100 and the part numbers 4169090 and 4169091. The Spyder shows numbers 100GB100 and the same part numbers. They look identical, but the GC vs GB I would imagine is for the model car, but same actual part numbers. Any idea if these are interchangeable? I know the master cylinder is different, but I was hoping the rest was the same. Any feedback welcome.

Thank you,
Derek

Attachments

• IMG_7117.JPG
    IMG_7117.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7118.JPG
    IMG_7118.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 27
My memory is not all that clear on these as I have not done anything with them in 40 years or so. 850's have an early type disk brake up until around 1968 that uses a unique rotor. Later ones used the rotors that most all fiats ran for decades. However sedans usually had drum brakes on the front as such if it has disks they would have been taken from a "sport" version of the 850.

Thanks for the info. These are definitely disk up front on both. Will just give the new owner the rebuilt calipers and brake lines for the Spyder and keep the ones that came with the sedan.

Back