850 PSA

NM850

True Classic
4024FD0D-3DC5-431C-BD18-C84C293A92C3.jpeg
Most here know this but I’ve noticed some new members so...check your fuel lines, often.
My fancy braided line was weeping fuel (they are still rubber inside and it was probably 10 years old) so I replaced it with a new one.
For you new owners also replace the pressed brass fitting in the DIC with a threaded one.

I reworked my fuel line fittings to the carb soon after I bought the car about 10 years ago. I found there wasn't quite enough material in the carb case to make decent threads, so instead I epoxy-bonded the fittings in, and then tied them together with safety wire so they won't come apart.

I reworked my fuel line fittings to the carb soon after I bought the car about 10 years ago. I found there wasn't quite enough material in the carb case to make decent threads, so instead I epoxy-bonded the fittings in, and then tied them together with safety wire so they won't come apart.
Same here. I roughed up the fittings before epoxying them.

I found enough material for the 4AN fitting. This is equivalent to 1/4 inch hose and I thought that might be an issue but I’ve never had a fueling issue, maybe if I ever switch to a big block? But then I’ll probably run a different carburetor anyway.

Back