850 Spider window regulator lube

Arachnd

Daily Driver
The windows have gotten very stiff to roll up. I recall on a past 850 Spider 40-some years ago, I lubricated everything and then the windows wouldn't stay up at all. Is there something that should NOT be lubed, or some mechanism that keeps the glass from dropping, that I need to watch out for? Thanks,

Thanks, that helped a lot. Some of them were actually seized. There are 5, in case anyone checks in on this thread - 2 top, 2 bottom, and an adjustable idler near the bottom near the front. This one is easy to just take out and work on.,

What kind of adhesive did you use to re-fasten the black plastic liner to the sheet metal?

Cool - sounds like it was a simple fix. RE the plastic liner, do you mean the water shield to protect the interior door card? That was long gone on my car, I just cut opened a large plastic garbage bag, timed it to fit the area, and taped it to the sheet metal. Easy on/off when I need to access something and the card has been dry for 25+ years (I don't drive in the rain, but it stays dry when washing). ljf

Thanks Loren, that's what I was thinking, electrical tape maybe. Both of mine were still there, but they're pretty brittle. I think I'll save them for historical purposes and cut new ones like you did.

Back