850 Sport Spider Owner - New Member Introduction

Alberto

Low Mileage
Hi, everyone. I've just joined the forum and want to introduce myself. I have recently bought a 1970 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (and a truck load of spare parts, naturally) and am beginning the very gradual process of restoring and perhaps even modifying it. It runs and has surprisingly little rust. That is, of course, only in comparison to those which have already disintegrated and returned to the earth from whence they came! It has "some" rust, to be certain, but it should be repairable (most importantly a couple of ends of the ever-so-important "x-brace".)
I also have a restorable '75 124 Sport Spider in my garage which isn't yet a runner and I got tired of not having it to drive around a bit on weekends and so, having developed a fondness and interest in the 850 Sport Spider (and also a very tolerant and understanding wife!), I scooped this one up when the opportunity arose.
I'm looking forward to enjoying and participating in this forum. Thanks!
1970 Fiat 850 Sport Spider_U-Haul Trip Home.JPG

Welcome to the 850 club, Alberto! I've had my '71 850 Spider for more than 10 years, it's been a good friend. Once you've started getting into the restoration, let me know if you have any questions, I might be able to help from my own experiences.

Welcome to the 850 club, Alberto! I've had my '71 850 Spider for more than 10 years, it's been a good friend. Once you've started getting into the restoration, let me know if you have any questions, I might be able to help from my own experiences.

Thanks, Dave! I'm sure I will have questions. Now, if only I can find additional time+money to fix 'er up at the speed I dream of... 😁

Hi, everyone. I've just joined the forum and want to introduce myself. I have recently bought a 1970 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (and a truck load of spare parts, naturally) and am beginning the very gradual process of restoring and perhaps even modifying it. It runs and has surprisingly little rust. That is, of course, only in comparison to those which have already disintegrated and returned to the earth from whence they came! It has "some" rust, to be certain, but it should be repairable (most importantly a couple of ends of the ever-so-important "x-brace".)
I also have a restorable '75 124 Sport Spider in my garage which isn't yet a runner and I got tired of not having it to drive around a bit on weekends and so, having developed a fondness and interest in the 850 Sport Spider (and also a very tolerant and understanding wife!), I scooped this one up when the opportunity arose.
I'm looking forward to enjoying and participating in this forum. Thanks!
View attachment 78119
Welcome! Great color. Nice to see this getting some attention. Great little car. Let us know if there is anything you need info or discourse on.

There used to be a great Yahoo Fiat 850 group, but Yahoo took Groups away and I don't know where most of the people went. This is a great site with very helpful and knowledgeable folks though, and there can still be parts found sometime for these little beauties!

Back